- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Aug. 5 entry deadline for Greater Rockford Senior Golf Classic
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District will host the Greater Rockford Senior Golf Classic Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 26 and 27, at Ingersoll Golf Course, 101 Daisyfield Road, Rockford.
The two-day tournament is open to amateur golfers ages 60 and older who are residents of Winnebago, Boone, Stevenson, Ogle or Rock counties; or are Rockford Park District golf permit-holders.
Men’s and women’s divisions will be open for 18- and 36-hole events (divided into 9- and 18-hole rounds); fees vary according to event and player residency. Entry/payment deadline is 5 p.m., Monday, Aug. 5, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville in Loves Park.
Registration will end if capacity is filled before the deadline. Entry forms with complete information are available online, at Park District golf courses and Customer Service, or by calling (815) 987-8800.
Posted July 31, 2013