- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Aug. 5 entry deadline for Greater Rockford Senior Golf Classic
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District will host the Greater Rockford Senior Golf Classic Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 26 and 27, at Ingersoll Golf Course, 101 Daisyfield Road, Rockford.
The two-day tournament is open to amateur golfers ages 60 and older who are residents of Winnebago, Boone, Stevenson, Ogle or Rock counties; or are Rockford Park District golf permit-holders.
Men’s and women’s divisions will be open for 18- and 36-hole events (divided into 9- and 18-hole rounds); fees vary according to event and player residency. Entry/payment deadline is 5 p.m., Monday, Aug. 5, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville in Loves Park.
Registration will end if capacity is filled before the deadline. Entry forms with complete information are available online, at Park District golf courses and Customer Service, or by calling (815) 987-8800.
Posted July 31, 2013