- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
‘Enchanted’ featured Aug. 2 at Friday Night Flix in Davis Park
Online Staff Report
Enchanted is the Friday Night Flix feature film for Friday, Aug. 2. Gates will open to patrons at 7 p.m., and the movie will begin at sundown on the north lawn of Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., downtown Rockford.
Moviegoers can bring lawn chairs and blankets to the park and purchase food, soda, beer and wine from on-site vendors at the park beginning at 7 p.m. Attendees will receive a ticket for free popcorn when they enter the park to help minimize lines and wait time for food. Also, to ensure all attendees have a great view of the screen, there will be blanket-only and chair-only segments designated in the park. In case of rain or inclement weather, a determination will be made by 4 p.m. as to whether the movie will be canceled or moved indoors to the BMO Harris Bank Center arena floor.
For added convenience, Rockford Mass Transit District will provide free trolley service between the Museum Campus, Rockford City Market and Davis Park from 3:30 to 11:30 p.m., with additional stops at block 5 (State and Second streets), the Coronado and State and Main streets.
In Enchanted, a classic Disney fairytale collides with modern-day New York City in this story about a fairytale princess who is sent to our world by an evil queen. Soon after her arrival, Princess Giselle begins to change her views on life and love after meeting a handsome lawyer.
Friday Night Flix is part of Weekends in the Park, which includes a concert series and a new Academy Award-winning and nominated movie series on select Saturdays throughout the summer.
Posted July 31, 2013