- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Health Department offers back-to-school clinic
Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) will offer “Head over Heels for Good Health,” its fourth annual back-to-school health clinic, from 3 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 14, at 555 N. Court St., Rockford. The event will offer physicals, immunizations and dental exams.
• Physicals for grades pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, sixth, ninth and students new to the district; and
• School and sports physicals, $25.
• Immunizations for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (new this year: Tdap is now required for all sixth- through 12th-grade students). Immunizations are $16 each (VFC eligibility required). Tdap immunizations for non-VFC eligible students are $55. Ask for details when scheduling your child’s appointment and bring the child’s immunization card to the appointment.
• Required Dental Exams for grades kindergarten, second and sixth. No charge for dental exam. Dental cleanings, fluoride varnish treatments and dental sealants available (income requirements).
Call now for an appointment, as times are limited. School physicals and immunizations meet State of Illinois requirements. In addition to the required school physicals, immunizations and dental screenings, there will also be available on-site lead testing, vision and hearing screening, and car seat safety checks.
To make appointments for physicals, immunizations and dental exams, call (815) 720-4370 or (815) 972-7200. Visit the WCHD website at www.wchd.org, or contact Sue Fuller, public information officer, at (815) 720-4213.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue