- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Health Department offers back-to-school clinic
Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) will offer “Head over Heels for Good Health,” its fourth annual back-to-school health clinic, from 3 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 14, at 555 N. Court St., Rockford. The event will offer physicals, immunizations and dental exams.
• Physicals for grades pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, sixth, ninth and students new to the district; and
• School and sports physicals, $25.
• Immunizations for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (new this year: Tdap is now required for all sixth- through 12th-grade students). Immunizations are $16 each (VFC eligibility required). Tdap immunizations for non-VFC eligible students are $55. Ask for details when scheduling your child’s appointment and bring the child’s immunization card to the appointment.
• Required Dental Exams for grades kindergarten, second and sixth. No charge for dental exam. Dental cleanings, fluoride varnish treatments and dental sealants available (income requirements).
Call now for an appointment, as times are limited. School physicals and immunizations meet State of Illinois requirements. In addition to the required school physicals, immunizations and dental screenings, there will also be available on-site lead testing, vision and hearing screening, and car seat safety checks.
To make appointments for physicals, immunizations and dental exams, call (815) 720-4370 or (815) 972-7200. Visit the WCHD website at www.wchd.org, or contact Sue Fuller, public information officer, at (815) 720-4213.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue