- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Health Department offers back-to-school clinic
Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) will offer “Head over Heels for Good Health,” its fourth annual back-to-school health clinic, from 3 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 14, at 555 N. Court St., Rockford. The event will offer physicals, immunizations and dental exams.
• Physicals for grades pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, sixth, ninth and students new to the district; and
• School and sports physicals, $25.
• Immunizations for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (new this year: Tdap is now required for all sixth- through 12th-grade students). Immunizations are $16 each (VFC eligibility required). Tdap immunizations for non-VFC eligible students are $55. Ask for details when scheduling your child’s appointment and bring the child’s immunization card to the appointment.
• Required Dental Exams for grades kindergarten, second and sixth. No charge for dental exam. Dental cleanings, fluoride varnish treatments and dental sealants available (income requirements).
Call now for an appointment, as times are limited. School physicals and immunizations meet State of Illinois requirements. In addition to the required school physicals, immunizations and dental screenings, there will also be available on-site lead testing, vision and hearing screening, and car seat safety checks.
To make appointments for physicals, immunizations and dental exams, call (815) 720-4370 or (815) 972-7200. Visit the WCHD website at www.wchd.org, or contact Sue Fuller, public information officer, at (815) 720-4213.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue