- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Klehm Arboretum hosts Bonsai Society exhibit, class Aug. 10
• Bonsai trees to be displayed in the Visitors Center
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, will host a Bonsai Society exhibit and class Saturday, Aug. 10. Exhibit runs 10 a.m.-3 p.m., and class is at 1 p.m. Admission is free to members and $5 for the public.
Learn the history and philosophy of this elegant horticultural technique. Bill Horschke, president of the Rock River Bonsai Society, will discuss the science of bonsai and explain how it includes more than the small trees usually associated with the technique. In addition to the class, the Bonsai Society will have an exhibit of bonsai trees displayed in the Visitors Center, along with information about the art of bonsai and their club. The exhibit is included in admission to Klehm grounds.
For more details, visit klehm.org or call (815) 965-8146.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue