- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Klehm Arboretum hosts Bonsai Society exhibit, class Aug. 10
• Bonsai trees to be displayed in the Visitors Center
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, will host a Bonsai Society exhibit and class Saturday, Aug. 10. Exhibit runs 10 a.m.-3 p.m., and class is at 1 p.m. Admission is free to members and $5 for the public.
Learn the history and philosophy of this elegant horticultural technique. Bill Horschke, president of the Rock River Bonsai Society, will discuss the science of bonsai and explain how it includes more than the small trees usually associated with the technique. In addition to the class, the Bonsai Society will have an exhibit of bonsai trees displayed in the Visitors Center, along with information about the art of bonsai and their club. The exhibit is included in admission to Klehm grounds.
For more details, visit klehm.org or call (815) 965-8146.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue