- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Klehm Arboretum hosts Bonsai Society exhibit, class Aug. 10
• Bonsai trees to be displayed in the Visitors Center
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, will host a Bonsai Society exhibit and class Saturday, Aug. 10. Exhibit runs 10 a.m.-3 p.m., and class is at 1 p.m. Admission is free to members and $5 for the public.
Learn the history and philosophy of this elegant horticultural technique. Bill Horschke, president of the Rock River Bonsai Society, will discuss the science of bonsai and explain how it includes more than the small trees usually associated with the technique. In addition to the class, the Bonsai Society will have an exhibit of bonsai trees displayed in the Visitors Center, along with information about the art of bonsai and their club. The exhibit is included in admission to Klehm grounds.
For more details, visit klehm.org or call (815) 965-8146.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue