- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Local woman competes in Hooters pageant
Tyler Suess, of Freeport, Ill., was selected from more than 18,000 Hooters girls worldwide for one of 60 spots at the Miss Hooters International 2013 pageant. The pageant was held in early July at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Winner was Marissa Raisor, a Kentucky native.
Suess, who works at Hooters of Rockford, 6904 Argus Drive, did not place among the top 10 in the competition. However, she earned the spot in the international pageant by advancing through a series of local and regional swimsuit contests along “The Road to Vegas.” The pageant aired on FOX-Speed TV July 17 and July 21. For behind-the-scenes pageant photos and contestant information, visit http://pageant.hooters.com. The winner of the pageant wins $30,000 cash and serves as the spokesperson for Hooters.
Suess, 26, has worked at the Rockford establishment for seven years. Last year, she finished second in the Hooters 16th Annual International Swimsuit Pageant at the Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue