- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Local woman competes in Hooters pageant
Tyler Suess, of Freeport, Ill., was selected from more than 18,000 Hooters girls worldwide for one of 60 spots at the Miss Hooters International 2013 pageant. The pageant was held in early July at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Winner was Marissa Raisor, a Kentucky native.
Suess, who works at Hooters of Rockford, 6904 Argus Drive, did not place among the top 10 in the competition. However, she earned the spot in the international pageant by advancing through a series of local and regional swimsuit contests along “The Road to Vegas.” The pageant aired on FOX-Speed TV July 17 and July 21. For behind-the-scenes pageant photos and contestant information, visit http://pageant.hooters.com. The winner of the pageant wins $30,000 cash and serves as the spokesperson for Hooters.
Suess, 26, has worked at the Rockford establishment for seven years. Last year, she finished second in the Hooters 16th Annual International Swimsuit Pageant at the Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue