- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Local woman competes in Hooters pageant
Tyler Suess, of Freeport, Ill., was selected from more than 18,000 Hooters girls worldwide for one of 60 spots at the Miss Hooters International 2013 pageant. The pageant was held in early July at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Winner was Marissa Raisor, a Kentucky native.
Suess, who works at Hooters of Rockford, 6904 Argus Drive, did not place among the top 10 in the competition. However, she earned the spot in the international pageant by advancing through a series of local and regional swimsuit contests along “The Road to Vegas.” The pageant aired on FOX-Speed TV July 17 and July 21. For behind-the-scenes pageant photos and contestant information, visit http://pageant.hooters.com. The winner of the pageant wins $30,000 cash and serves as the spokesperson for Hooters.
Suess, 26, has worked at the Rockford establishment for seven years. Last year, she finished second in the Hooters 16th Annual International Swimsuit Pageant at the Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue