- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Space still available for Park District hockey camps
Online Staff Report
Space is still available in the following Rockford Park District summer and early fall hockey camps and clinics for hockey players ages 7-17 to develop and improve their skills:
• Jr. IceHogs Fundamentals Camps are offered Aug. 5-9, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Riverview Ice House in Rockford for players ages 7-10 and 11-15 with full hockey gear. Three hours of on-ice instruction per day are included, plus two hours of off-ice training and coaches’ chalk talks; lunch is provided Monday-Thursday.
• Elite Summer Camp is scheduled for Aug. 5-9, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Riverview Ice House in Rockford, and is for older, high-end competitive players ages 11-17 with at least one year’s travel hockey experience (Pee-wee through high school, with full equipment), and includes two hours of on-ice instruction, plus 45 minutes of off-ice training and analysis.
• Jr. IceHogs Skills and Drills Clinics are offered Aug. 8-29, and Sept. 5-Oct. 10, 7:30-8:20 p.m. (session lengths vary) at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park, and are for players ages 8 and older interested in intense skill development. These clinics will be led by 16-time state champion Icemen coach Tim Mattila.
Register at least one week before each camp/clinic start date, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
More about Park District hockey lessons and programs, including camp and clinic program fees and descriptions, is available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/iceskate, and in the Park District’s Spring/Summer 2013 Program Guide (www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides), at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069. Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents. For information about support and adapted sports programs for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted July 31, 2013