- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Space still available for Park District hockey camps
Online Staff Report
Space is still available in the following Rockford Park District summer and early fall hockey camps and clinics for hockey players ages 7-17 to develop and improve their skills:
• Jr. IceHogs Fundamentals Camps are offered Aug. 5-9, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Riverview Ice House in Rockford for players ages 7-10 and 11-15 with full hockey gear. Three hours of on-ice instruction per day are included, plus two hours of off-ice training and coaches’ chalk talks; lunch is provided Monday-Thursday.
• Elite Summer Camp is scheduled for Aug. 5-9, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Riverview Ice House in Rockford, and is for older, high-end competitive players ages 11-17 with at least one year’s travel hockey experience (Pee-wee through high school, with full equipment), and includes two hours of on-ice instruction, plus 45 minutes of off-ice training and analysis.
• Jr. IceHogs Skills and Drills Clinics are offered Aug. 8-29, and Sept. 5-Oct. 10, 7:30-8:20 p.m. (session lengths vary) at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park, and are for players ages 8 and older interested in intense skill development. These clinics will be led by 16-time state champion Icemen coach Tim Mattila.
Register at least one week before each camp/clinic start date, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
More about Park District hockey lessons and programs, including camp and clinic program fees and descriptions, is available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/iceskate, and in the Park District’s Spring/Summer 2013 Program Guide (www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides), at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069. Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents. For information about support and adapted sports programs for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted July 31, 2013