- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Third Annual Quilt Show at Rockton Historical Society
ROCKTON, Ill. — Rockton Township Historical Society’s Third Annual Quilt Show is bigger and better this year!
Open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Sept. 21, the earliest quilt is pre-1805. Each year, the Historical Society has a new selection of quilts on display, along with its permanent collection.
The display includes crazy quilts made by great-grandmas, a yo-yo and other quilts from the 1940s.
Admire the talents of by-gone quilters along with new quilts by local gals. Watch for painted porch quilts throughout the village — a select few are offered for sale. Call Marilyn at (815) 624-8200 for details.
The Rockton Township Historical Society is at 529 Green St., Rockton, Ill. See www.rocktontownshiphistoricalsociety.com, e-mail email@example.com and follow the group on Facebook.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue