- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Third Annual Quilt Show at Rockton Historical Society
ROCKTON, Ill. — Rockton Township Historical Society’s Third Annual Quilt Show is bigger and better this year!
Open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Sept. 21, the earliest quilt is pre-1805. Each year, the Historical Society has a new selection of quilts on display, along with its permanent collection.
The display includes crazy quilts made by great-grandmas, a yo-yo and other quilts from the 1940s.
Admire the talents of by-gone quilters along with new quilts by local gals. Watch for painted porch quilts throughout the village — a select few are offered for sale. Call Marilyn at (815) 624-8200 for details.
The Rockton Township Historical Society is at 529 Green St., Rockton, Ill. See www.rocktontownshiphistoricalsociety.com, e-mail email@example.com and follow the group on Facebook.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue