- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Third Annual Quilt Show at Rockton Historical Society
ROCKTON, Ill. — Rockton Township Historical Society’s Third Annual Quilt Show is bigger and better this year!
Open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Sept. 21, the earliest quilt is pre-1805. Each year, the Historical Society has a new selection of quilts on display, along with its permanent collection.
The display includes crazy quilts made by great-grandmas, a yo-yo and other quilts from the 1940s.
Admire the talents of by-gone quilters along with new quilts by local gals. Watch for painted porch quilts throughout the village — a select few are offered for sale. Call Marilyn at (815) 624-8200 for details.
The Rockton Township Historical Society is at 529 Green St., Rockton, Ill. See www.rocktontownshiphistoricalsociety.com, e-mail email@example.com and follow the group on Facebook.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue