- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Third Annual Quilt Show at Rockton Historical Society
ROCKTON, Ill. — Rockton Township Historical Society’s Third Annual Quilt Show is bigger and better this year!
Open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Sept. 21, the earliest quilt is pre-1805. Each year, the Historical Society has a new selection of quilts on display, along with its permanent collection.
The display includes crazy quilts made by great-grandmas, a yo-yo and other quilts from the 1940s.
Admire the talents of by-gone quilters along with new quilts by local gals. Watch for painted porch quilts throughout the village — a select few are offered for sale. Call Marilyn at (815) 624-8200 for details.
The Rockton Township Historical Society is at 529 Green St., Rockton, Ill. See www.rocktontownshiphistoricalsociety.com, e-mail email@example.com and follow the group on Facebook.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue