- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Third Annual Quilt Show at Rockton Historical Society
ROCKTON, Ill. — Rockton Township Historical Society’s Third Annual Quilt Show is bigger and better this year!
Open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Sept. 21, the earliest quilt is pre-1805. Each year, the Historical Society has a new selection of quilts on display, along with its permanent collection.
The display includes crazy quilts made by great-grandmas, a yo-yo and other quilts from the 1940s.
Admire the talents of by-gone quilters along with new quilts by local gals. Watch for painted porch quilts throughout the village — a select few are offered for sale. Call Marilyn at (815) 624-8200 for details.
The Rockton Township Historical Society is at 529 Green St., Rockton, Ill. See www.rocktontownshiphistoricalsociety.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the group on Facebook.
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue