- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Tickets for Gabriel Iglesias at Coronado on sale Aug. 2
Online Staff Report
Rockford Area Venues and Entertainment Authority (RAVE) has announced Gabriel Iglesias will perform at 7:30 p.m., Oct. 27, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $44 and can be purchased starting Aug. 2 at 10 a.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, Coronado PAC.org, Ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets or by phone at (815) 968-5222.
Iglesias is one of the most successful stand-up comedians today, performing to sold-out audiences all over the United States and abroad. His stand-up comedy is a mixture of storytelling, parodies, characters and sound effects that bring all his personal experiences to life. His unique and animated comedy style has made him popular among fans of all ages.
This past April, Comedy Central premiered Gabriel Iglesias: Aloha Fluffy in an unprecedented two-hour comedy special airing over two consecutive weekends. Gabriel Iglesias: Aloha Fluffy follows in the footsteps of his highly successful first two DVD specials, Hot & Fluffy and I’m Not Fat … I’m Fluffy, which have sold well more than 1 million copies.
In addition to success as a standup comedian, Iglesias is making a name for himself in the feature film and television arenas. He was seen in last summer’s blockbuster film Magic Mike, co-starring alongside Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey. He will next be heard in the Disney animated feature film Planes, coming out this August. He co-stars alongside comedian Dane Cook, Val Kilmer, Brad Garrett and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. His voiceover talent will also be featured in the animated film, El Americano.
Iglesias’s television appearances include Gabriel Iglesias Presents Stand-Up Revolution, which premiered on Comedy Central in October 2011 and was one of the highest-rated stand-up series on the network. The series stars Iglesias, who hosted and performed stand-up material and featured an array of talented and diverse comedians, which he personally selected. The second season of Stand-Up Revolution aired in fall of 2012. Season 3 of the popular series will tape in fall 2013 and is set to air in spring of 2014. Gabriel was individually nominated for a 2012 ALMA Award in the category: Favorite TV Reality, Variety, or Comedy Personality or Act.
Posted July 31, 2013