- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Tickets for Gabriel Iglesias at Coronado on sale Aug. 2
Online Staff Report
Rockford Area Venues and Entertainment Authority (RAVE) has announced Gabriel Iglesias will perform at 7:30 p.m., Oct. 27, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $44 and can be purchased starting Aug. 2 at 10 a.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, Coronado PAC.org, Ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets or by phone at (815) 968-5222.
Iglesias is one of the most successful stand-up comedians today, performing to sold-out audiences all over the United States and abroad. His stand-up comedy is a mixture of storytelling, parodies, characters and sound effects that bring all his personal experiences to life. His unique and animated comedy style has made him popular among fans of all ages.
This past April, Comedy Central premiered Gabriel Iglesias: Aloha Fluffy in an unprecedented two-hour comedy special airing over two consecutive weekends. Gabriel Iglesias: Aloha Fluffy follows in the footsteps of his highly successful first two DVD specials, Hot & Fluffy and I’m Not Fat … I’m Fluffy, which have sold well more than 1 million copies.
In addition to success as a standup comedian, Iglesias is making a name for himself in the feature film and television arenas. He was seen in last summer’s blockbuster film Magic Mike, co-starring alongside Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey. He will next be heard in the Disney animated feature film Planes, coming out this August. He co-stars alongside comedian Dane Cook, Val Kilmer, Brad Garrett and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. His voiceover talent will also be featured in the animated film, El Americano.
Iglesias’s television appearances include Gabriel Iglesias Presents Stand-Up Revolution, which premiered on Comedy Central in October 2011 and was one of the highest-rated stand-up series on the network. The series stars Iglesias, who hosted and performed stand-up material and featured an array of talented and diverse comedians, which he personally selected. The second season of Stand-Up Revolution aired in fall of 2012. Season 3 of the popular series will tape in fall 2013 and is set to air in spring of 2014. Gabriel was individually nominated for a 2012 ALMA Award in the category: Favorite TV Reality, Variety, or Comedy Personality or Act.
Posted July 31, 2013