- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
Who needs cable TV?
Personally, I’m sick and tired of all the repetitive reruns that cable television provides. It’s bad enough that their (Comcast/Verizon) monthly charges keep creeping up.
But, paying $134 each month is simply too much! Just think about it. We cable subscribers are shelling out $1,608 annually.
And what do we customers get in return? Lousy sitcoms, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Lizard Lick, Scared Straight, and … etc. So, I’ll drop cablevision and purchase a unit without e-service charges, and paying my electric bill.
Phillip J. Wilson
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue