- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Who needs cable TV?
Personally, I’m sick and tired of all the repetitive reruns that cable television provides. It’s bad enough that their (Comcast/Verizon) monthly charges keep creeping up.
But, paying $134 each month is simply too much! Just think about it. We cable subscribers are shelling out $1,608 annually.
And what do we customers get in return? Lousy sitcoms, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Lizard Lick, Scared Straight, and … etc. So, I’ll drop cablevision and purchase a unit without e-service charges, and paying my electric bill.
Phillip J. Wilson
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue