- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Who needs cable TV?
Personally, I’m sick and tired of all the repetitive reruns that cable television provides. It’s bad enough that their (Comcast/Verizon) monthly charges keep creeping up.
But, paying $134 each month is simply too much! Just think about it. We cable subscribers are shelling out $1,608 annually.
And what do we customers get in return? Lousy sitcoms, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Lizard Lick, Scared Straight, and … etc. So, I’ll drop cablevision and purchase a unit without e-service charges, and paying my electric bill.
Phillip J. Wilson
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue