- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Who needs cable TV?
Personally, I’m sick and tired of all the repetitive reruns that cable television provides. It’s bad enough that their (Comcast/Verizon) monthly charges keep creeping up.
But, paying $134 each month is simply too much! Just think about it. We cable subscribers are shelling out $1,608 annually.
And what do we customers get in return? Lousy sitcoms, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Lizard Lick, Scared Straight, and … etc. So, I’ll drop cablevision and purchase a unit without e-service charges, and paying my electric bill.
Phillip J. Wilson
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue