- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Who needs cable TV?
Personally, I’m sick and tired of all the repetitive reruns that cable television provides. It’s bad enough that their (Comcast/Verizon) monthly charges keep creeping up.
But, paying $134 each month is simply too much! Just think about it. We cable subscribers are shelling out $1,608 annually.
And what do we customers get in return? Lousy sitcoms, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Lizard Lick, Scared Straight, and … etc. So, I’ll drop cablevision and purchase a unit without e-service charges, and paying my electric bill.
Phillip J. Wilson
From the July 31-Aug. 6, 2013, issue