- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Wrestling, comedy featured at Kryptonite Bar
Online Staff Report
Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford, is offering a new lineup of entertainment on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The bar is now open Mondays, when fans of professional wrestling are invited to stop by for a drink and to talk some “wrastlin’.” The evening will include classic matches picked by the host from 6 to 6:45 p.m.; a live viewing of Monday Night RAW from 7 to 10:15 p.m.; and PPV or documentary picked by the host from 10:30 p.m. to close.
Wednesdays, comedy returns to the downtown establishment. Fats Productions and Rock Bottom Comedy have partnered to bring the latest and greatest comedians to the stage. Drink specials will be offered. Fun begins at 8 p.m., and cover is $5. Wednesday, Aug. 7, will feature Matt Druftke, Jack Baker, Erik Edmunds, Scott Calvin, Chris Nelson and Aaron Haag. The event is hosted by Michael Palmenderi.
Contact the bar at (815) 965-0931 or see kryptonitebar.com for more details.
Posted July 31, 2013