- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Wrestling, comedy featured at Kryptonite Bar
Online Staff Report
Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford, is offering a new lineup of entertainment on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The bar is now open Mondays, when fans of professional wrestling are invited to stop by for a drink and to talk some “wrastlin’.” The evening will include classic matches picked by the host from 6 to 6:45 p.m.; a live viewing of Monday Night RAW from 7 to 10:15 p.m.; and PPV or documentary picked by the host from 10:30 p.m. to close.
Wednesdays, comedy returns to the downtown establishment. Fats Productions and Rock Bottom Comedy have partnered to bring the latest and greatest comedians to the stage. Drink specials will be offered. Fun begins at 8 p.m., and cover is $5. Wednesday, Aug. 7, will feature Matt Druftke, Jack Baker, Erik Edmunds, Scott Calvin, Chris Nelson and Aaron Haag. The event is hosted by Michael Palmenderi.
Contact the bar at (815) 965-0931 or see kryptonitebar.com for more details.
Posted July 31, 2013