- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Wrestling, comedy featured at Kryptonite Bar
Online Staff Report
Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford, is offering a new lineup of entertainment on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The bar is now open Mondays, when fans of professional wrestling are invited to stop by for a drink and to talk some “wrastlin’.” The evening will include classic matches picked by the host from 6 to 6:45 p.m.; a live viewing of Monday Night RAW from 7 to 10:15 p.m.; and PPV or documentary picked by the host from 10:30 p.m. to close.
Wednesdays, comedy returns to the downtown establishment. Fats Productions and Rock Bottom Comedy have partnered to bring the latest and greatest comedians to the stage. Drink specials will be offered. Fun begins at 8 p.m., and cover is $5. Wednesday, Aug. 7, will feature Matt Druftke, Jack Baker, Erik Edmunds, Scott Calvin, Chris Nelson and Aaron Haag. The event is hosted by Michael Palmenderi.
Contact the bar at (815) 965-0931 or see kryptonitebar.com for more details.
Posted July 31, 2013