- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Wrestling, comedy featured at Kryptonite Bar
Online Staff Report
Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford, is offering a new lineup of entertainment on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The bar is now open Mondays, when fans of professional wrestling are invited to stop by for a drink and to talk some “wrastlin’.” The evening will include classic matches picked by the host from 6 to 6:45 p.m.; a live viewing of Monday Night RAW from 7 to 10:15 p.m.; and PPV or documentary picked by the host from 10:30 p.m. to close.
Wednesdays, comedy returns to the downtown establishment. Fats Productions and Rock Bottom Comedy have partnered to bring the latest and greatest comedians to the stage. Drink specials will be offered. Fun begins at 8 p.m., and cover is $5. Wednesday, Aug. 7, will feature Matt Druftke, Jack Baker, Erik Edmunds, Scott Calvin, Chris Nelson and Aaron Haag. The event is hosted by Michael Palmenderi.
Contact the bar at (815) 965-0931 or see kryptonitebar.com for more details.
Posted July 31, 2013