- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
92nd Annual Winnebago County Fair Aug. 13-18
Online Staff Report
It’s fair time again! Attend the 92nd Annual Winnebago County Fair Aug. 13-18 at the Winnebago County Fairgrounds in Pecatonica, Ill. Mega Passes for all-day and all-night rides are $20 any day of your choice (includes gate admission). This deal is offered only until Aug. 13 — on sale at Kelley Williamson Mobil stores or online at http://www.winnebagocountyfair.com.
The schedule for the week is as follows:
Tuesday, Aug. 13 — Petting zoo, presented by Burritt Winners 4-H Club; antique tractor display, 4-9 p.m.; 2013 Queen & Little Miss Pageant, 6 p.m.; Dirty Fishnet Stockings, 7 p.m.; Swine — Jackpot Show, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 14 — Lumberjack show, Wednesday-Sunday; Swine — Jr. Show, 9 a.m.; antique tractor display, noon-9 p.m.; Chip Messiner, “One Man Country Band,” 1 p.m.; National Pedal Pullers (registration 1 p.m.; race at 2 p.m.); antique tractor parade, 6 p.m.; Junior Miss Pageant, 6 p.m.; Audio Drive, 7-11 p.m.; Heartland Rodeo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 15 — Sheep — Jr. Show, 9 a.m.; 4-H Swine Show, 9 a.m.; Goats — Jr. Show, 9 a.m.; Dairy — Jr. and Open Heifer Show, 10 a.m.; antique tractor display, noon-9 p.m.; National Pedal Pullers, 1 p.m.; Hoo Haven, 1 p.m.; Beef — Steers Jr. & Open Show, 2:30 p.m.; Chris McBrien’s Ventriloquist Show, 3 p.m.; Sheep — Jr. Wether Show, 5 p.m.; Semi-Tractor Pulls, 6:30 p.m.; Pablo & the Rhythmix, 8 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 16 — Sheep — Open Show, 8 a.m.; Beef — Purebred Jr. and Open Show, 8 a.m.; Goats — Open Show, 9 a.m.; Dairy — Jr. and Open Cow Show, 10 a.m.; antique tractor display, noon-9 p.m.; Farmer’s Class Tractor Pulls, 1 p.m.; National Pedal Pullers, 1 p.m.; Dueling Pianos, 2 p.m.; Beef — Jackpot Market Show, 6 p.m.; Badger State Tractor Pulls, 6:30 p.m.; Talent Show, 7 p.m.; Back Country Roads, 9 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 17 — Open Horse Show, 9 a.m.; antique tractor display, noon-9 p.m.; Jo Dee Messina, 7:30 p.m.; Jamie Campbell & the Redneck Romeos, 9 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 18 — Opens 10 a.m. Antique tractor display, noon-7 p.m.; Demolition Derby, 1 p.m. Admission $5; children 8 and younger, free; pit passes, $20.
For more information, call (815) 238-3587 or write to: Winnebago County Fairgrounds, P.O. Box 810, Pecatonica, IL 61063.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013