- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
- Happy hour (not so) special
College students recognized for leadership, service
Western Illinois University’s Office of Student Activities (OSA) annual student leadership awards ceremony, “A Gallery of Greatness: The Art of Leadership,” was held April 22 in the University Union Grand Ballroom. Through these awards, the OSA acknowledges outstanding student leaders and organizations from across campus that have exemplified what it means to be a leader and a Leatherneck.
“The OSA is excited to honor and acknowledge the work and dedication these students have put forward for the betterment of their organizations and the entire Western Illinois University community,” noted OSA Assistant Director Michelle Harvey.
Also, the Student Government Association (SGA) recognized students for their outstanding service and inaugurated the 2013-2014 officers.
DeKalb County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Andrew Brown (senior, economics, Genoa, Ill.)
Ogle County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Amanda Mast (junior, family and consumer sciences, Stillman Valley, Ill.)
Stephenson County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Katy Hattula (senior, special education, Freeport, Ill.); and Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Jeff Liles (graduate student, medical sciences, Lena, Ill.)
Winnebago County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Jameel Granberry (senior, law enforcement and justice administration, Rockford).
Posted Aug. 7, 2013