- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
College students recognized for leadership, service
Western Illinois University’s Office of Student Activities (OSA) annual student leadership awards ceremony, “A Gallery of Greatness: The Art of Leadership,” was held April 22 in the University Union Grand Ballroom. Through these awards, the OSA acknowledges outstanding student leaders and organizations from across campus that have exemplified what it means to be a leader and a Leatherneck.
“The OSA is excited to honor and acknowledge the work and dedication these students have put forward for the betterment of their organizations and the entire Western Illinois University community,” noted OSA Assistant Director Michelle Harvey.
Also, the Student Government Association (SGA) recognized students for their outstanding service and inaugurated the 2013-2014 officers.
DeKalb County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Andrew Brown (senior, economics, Genoa, Ill.)
Ogle County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Amanda Mast (junior, family and consumer sciences, Stillman Valley, Ill.)
Stephenson County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Katy Hattula (senior, special education, Freeport, Ill.); and Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Jeff Liles (graduate student, medical sciences, Lena, Ill.)
Winnebago County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Jameel Granberry (senior, law enforcement and justice administration, Rockford).
Posted Aug. 7, 2013