- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
College students recognized for leadership, service
Western Illinois University’s Office of Student Activities (OSA) annual student leadership awards ceremony, “A Gallery of Greatness: The Art of Leadership,” was held April 22 in the University Union Grand Ballroom. Through these awards, the OSA acknowledges outstanding student leaders and organizations from across campus that have exemplified what it means to be a leader and a Leatherneck.
“The OSA is excited to honor and acknowledge the work and dedication these students have put forward for the betterment of their organizations and the entire Western Illinois University community,” noted OSA Assistant Director Michelle Harvey.
Also, the Student Government Association (SGA) recognized students for their outstanding service and inaugurated the 2013-2014 officers.
DeKalb County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Andrew Brown (senior, economics, Genoa, Ill.)
Ogle County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Amanda Mast (junior, family and consumer sciences, Stillman Valley, Ill.)
Stephenson County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Katy Hattula (senior, special education, Freeport, Ill.); and Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Jeff Liles (graduate student, medical sciences, Lena, Ill.)
Winnebago County: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges — Jameel Granberry (senior, law enforcement and justice administration, Rockford).
Posted Aug. 7, 2013