- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Common Ground in concert at Klehm Arboretum Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Common Ground will perform at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Sunday, Aug. 11, Woodsong concert. Gates open at 4 p.m., show starts at 6 p.m. on Klehm’s grounds, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Sit back and relax with a glass of wine as you enjoy an open-air concert in Klehm’s Fountain Garden. Bring a chair, pillow or blanket and a picnic dinner. Free guest shuttle service to and from the parking lot is provided at no charge. Food and drinks will be available for purchase by Calvanese Deli Italia and JavaMania.
Common Ground is a funky dance band covering hits from the 1950s through today. The group has an array of vocal talent to offer an eclectic variety of music. They cover artists like Adele, Santana, Bill Withers, Bob Marley, Joe Cocker, Stevie Wonder and Maroon 5 with a unique funky flair. Learn more at commongroundjam.com.
Admission is $10 per person, $5 for members, and free for kids 12 and younger. Call Klehm at (815) 965-8146 or visit klehm.org.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013