- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Common Ground in concert at Klehm Arboretum Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Common Ground will perform at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Sunday, Aug. 11, Woodsong concert. Gates open at 4 p.m., show starts at 6 p.m. on Klehm’s grounds, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Sit back and relax with a glass of wine as you enjoy an open-air concert in Klehm’s Fountain Garden. Bring a chair, pillow or blanket and a picnic dinner. Free guest shuttle service to and from the parking lot is provided at no charge. Food and drinks will be available for purchase by Calvanese Deli Italia and JavaMania.
Common Ground is a funky dance band covering hits from the 1950s through today. The group has an array of vocal talent to offer an eclectic variety of music. They cover artists like Adele, Santana, Bill Withers, Bob Marley, Joe Cocker, Stevie Wonder and Maroon 5 with a unique funky flair. Learn more at commongroundjam.com.
Admission is $10 per person, $5 for members, and free for kids 12 and younger. Call Klehm at (815) 965-8146 or visit klehm.org.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013