- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Common Ground in concert at Klehm Arboretum Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Common Ground will perform at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Sunday, Aug. 11, Woodsong concert. Gates open at 4 p.m., show starts at 6 p.m. on Klehm’s grounds, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Sit back and relax with a glass of wine as you enjoy an open-air concert in Klehm’s Fountain Garden. Bring a chair, pillow or blanket and a picnic dinner. Free guest shuttle service to and from the parking lot is provided at no charge. Food and drinks will be available for purchase by Calvanese Deli Italia and JavaMania.
Common Ground is a funky dance band covering hits from the 1950s through today. The group has an array of vocal talent to offer an eclectic variety of music. They cover artists like Adele, Santana, Bill Withers, Bob Marley, Joe Cocker, Stevie Wonder and Maroon 5 with a unique funky flair. Learn more at commongroundjam.com.
Admission is $10 per person, $5 for members, and free for kids 12 and younger. Call Klehm at (815) 965-8146 or visit klehm.org.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013