- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Common Ground in concert at Klehm Arboretum Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Common Ground will perform at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Sunday, Aug. 11, Woodsong concert. Gates open at 4 p.m., show starts at 6 p.m. on Klehm’s grounds, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Sit back and relax with a glass of wine as you enjoy an open-air concert in Klehm’s Fountain Garden. Bring a chair, pillow or blanket and a picnic dinner. Free guest shuttle service to and from the parking lot is provided at no charge. Food and drinks will be available for purchase by Calvanese Deli Italia and JavaMania.
Common Ground is a funky dance band covering hits from the 1950s through today. The group has an array of vocal talent to offer an eclectic variety of music. They cover artists like Adele, Santana, Bill Withers, Bob Marley, Joe Cocker, Stevie Wonder and Maroon 5 with a unique funky flair. Learn more at commongroundjam.com.
Admission is $10 per person, $5 for members, and free for kids 12 and younger. Call Klehm at (815) 965-8146 or visit klehm.org.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013