- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Crusader extends pediatric hours for school physicals
This year, school physicals for Rockford Public School District 205 must be completed before the first day of school, Aug. 26. Crusader Community Health is extending the hours of the Kids Care Now Clinic for walk-in pediatric care at the Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram clinic, Broadway and Seventh Street, Rockford. Starting Aug. 7, the Kids Care Now Clinic will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Friday.
In addition, school physicals can be scheduled with Crusader pediatric providers on a same-day/next-day basis at any of the four Crusader locations. Evening and Saturday morning hours are also available. To schedule an appointment, call (815) 490-1600.
Physicals are needed for grades: Pre-K, kindergarten, sixth, ninth and students new to the district. Also, dental exams are required for grades: Kindergarten, second and sixth. Medicaid and most insurances are accepted. Bring your child’s shot records.
Crusader Community Health is a community-based not-for-profit organization whose mission is to serve the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Services are available on an affordable sliding discount basis. Crusader Community Health has four locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh; Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere, Ill.; and Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park. To schedule an appointment, call (815) 490-1600 or for more about Crusader Community Health, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Aug. 7-13, 2013, issue