- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Family caregivers can enter to win a five-day cruise
Online Staff Report
Family caregivers understand all too well the stress of caring for an aging loved one. What better way to relieve that stress than a getaway? That’s why Illinois residents are invited to nominate deserving family caregivers — including themselves — for the opportunity to win a free, four-night, five-day cruise.
Home Instead, Inc., franchisor of the Home Instead Senior Care network, is sponsoring the cruise for one lucky caregiving hero and guest. Submit nominations and vote by Aug. 24 at http://cruise.caregiverstress.com/.
The Caregiver Cruise is scheduled for Feb. 3-7, 2014, on the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas. The cruise will set sail from Cape Canaveral, Fla., with stops in CocoCay and Nassau, Bahamas. In addition to the cruise, the winning recipient will receive 40 hours of free care from a Home Instead Senior Care professional CAREGiver for his/her senior loved one while away.
“The stress of caregiving can have debilitating effects not only on family caregivers, but also on the older adults who are receiving that care,” said President Jeff Huber of Home Instead, Inc. “That’s why it’s important for caregivers to take care of themselves. And what better way to do that than during a tropical getaway?”
The cruise offers a relaxing retreat with a number of optional activities such as putt-putt golf, cocktail hour, cupcake decorating and scavenger hunts, along with support groups and one-on-one consultations with family caregiving expert Dr. Amy D’Aprix.
To take a caregiver distress assessment and learn how to help guard against the potential dangers related to caregiver stress, go to FamilyCaregiverStressRelief.com.
For more about the Home Instead Senior Care network, go to www.homeinstead.com.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013