- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Family caregivers can enter to win a five-day cruise
Online Staff Report
Family caregivers understand all too well the stress of caring for an aging loved one. What better way to relieve that stress than a getaway? That’s why Illinois residents are invited to nominate deserving family caregivers — including themselves — for the opportunity to win a free, four-night, five-day cruise.
Home Instead, Inc., franchisor of the Home Instead Senior Care network, is sponsoring the cruise for one lucky caregiving hero and guest. Submit nominations and vote by Aug. 24 at http://cruise.caregiverstress.com/.
The Caregiver Cruise is scheduled for Feb. 3-7, 2014, on the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas. The cruise will set sail from Cape Canaveral, Fla., with stops in CocoCay and Nassau, Bahamas. In addition to the cruise, the winning recipient will receive 40 hours of free care from a Home Instead Senior Care professional CAREGiver for his/her senior loved one while away.
“The stress of caregiving can have debilitating effects not only on family caregivers, but also on the older adults who are receiving that care,” said President Jeff Huber of Home Instead, Inc. “That’s why it’s important for caregivers to take care of themselves. And what better way to do that than during a tropical getaway?”
The cruise offers a relaxing retreat with a number of optional activities such as putt-putt golf, cocktail hour, cupcake decorating and scavenger hunts, along with support groups and one-on-one consultations with family caregiving expert Dr. Amy D’Aprix.
To take a caregiver distress assessment and learn how to help guard against the potential dangers related to caregiver stress, go to FamilyCaregiverStressRelief.com.
For more about the Home Instead Senior Care network, go to www.homeinstead.com.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013