IceHogs looking for personal ticket consultant
By Doug Halberstadt
I occasionally visit a website called JobsInSports.com. It claims to provide “The Most Up-To-Date Sports Jobs Database. Period.” They offer sports careers that are available nationwide from internships through executive positions and every level in between.
Visitors to this site can have access to thousands of sports employment openings that are available today with industry leaders, professional organizations and NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS, WNBA, MLB and NASCAR teams, as well as minor league organizations.
I stumbled across Job ID# 453224930 in Rockford. The job is for a personal ticket consultant for a professional sports team. The duties and qualifications were listed as follows:
1) Make a minimum of 60 calls per day, or;
2) Five appointments per day, or;
3) Combination of both (two appointments/30 calls or three appointments 20 calls);
4) Must prospect the area for new leads and follow up with the leads to make the sale;
5) Follow the structure already in place for contacting and selling leads that is followed by current Personal Ticket Consultants;
6) Work with other Personal Ticket Consultants to generate Full Season Ticket and Partial Season Ticket sales throughout the season;
7) Maintain high level of customer service;
8) Mandatory attendance at all IceHogs home games and other events as assigned;
9) Other Duties as assigned by Director of Ticket Sales, General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
1) Sales and cold calling experience required;
2) Bachelor’s degree preferred;
3) Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel;
4) Neat and Professional Appearance;
5) Ability to work nights and weekends.
Here’s a chance for the right person to go to work for the Rockford IceHogs. I’m not sure if the only way to apply for this position is via the JobsInSports website or if the IceHogs are accepting résumés or applications at their office. Either way, it might be the perfect opportunity for someone looking to get their foot in the door with the team.
Let me know if you get the job!
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Aug. 7-13, 2013, issue