- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Kinzinger hosts energy roundtable Aug. 8 in Byron, Ill.
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., will host an energy roundtable from 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 8, at Byron Public Library, 100 S. Washington St., in Byron, Ill.
The roundtable will include energy industry leaders, state and local elected officials, and local economic development directors. Discussion during the roundtable will center on energy issues affecting residents and businesses of the 16th District.
Kinzinger’s stop in Byron is part of a district-wide energy tour in which he will visit hydropower, natural gas, nuclear and ethanol-producing energy facilities. The energy day will highlight the energy diversity of the 16th District, which Kinzinger believes can serve as a model for achieving U.S. energy independence.
Attending will be State Rep. Tom Demmer, Byron Mayor Christopher Millard, Rochelle Mayor Chet J. Olson, Demmer’s Chief of Staff Austin Quick, Illinois River Energy General Manager Neal Jakel, Rochelle Economic Development Director Jason Anderson, Rochelle Municipal Utilities Financial Manager Dan Westin, Ogle County Board Chairman Kim P. Gouker, EN Engineering Board of Directors Chairman Joseph Posewick and Thayer Lighting’s Patti Thayer.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013