- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Kinzinger hosts energy roundtable Aug. 8 in Byron, Ill.
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., will host an energy roundtable from 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 8, at Byron Public Library, 100 S. Washington St., in Byron, Ill.
The roundtable will include energy industry leaders, state and local elected officials, and local economic development directors. Discussion during the roundtable will center on energy issues affecting residents and businesses of the 16th District.
Kinzinger’s stop in Byron is part of a district-wide energy tour in which he will visit hydropower, natural gas, nuclear and ethanol-producing energy facilities. The energy day will highlight the energy diversity of the 16th District, which Kinzinger believes can serve as a model for achieving U.S. energy independence.
Attending will be State Rep. Tom Demmer, Byron Mayor Christopher Millard, Rochelle Mayor Chet J. Olson, Demmer’s Chief of Staff Austin Quick, Illinois River Energy General Manager Neal Jakel, Rochelle Economic Development Director Jason Anderson, Rochelle Municipal Utilities Financial Manager Dan Westin, Ogle County Board Chairman Kim P. Gouker, EN Engineering Board of Directors Chairman Joseph Posewick and Thayer Lighting’s Patti Thayer.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013