- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Kinzinger hosts energy roundtable Aug. 8 in Byron, Ill.
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., will host an energy roundtable from 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 8, at Byron Public Library, 100 S. Washington St., in Byron, Ill.
The roundtable will include energy industry leaders, state and local elected officials, and local economic development directors. Discussion during the roundtable will center on energy issues affecting residents and businesses of the 16th District.
Kinzinger’s stop in Byron is part of a district-wide energy tour in which he will visit hydropower, natural gas, nuclear and ethanol-producing energy facilities. The energy day will highlight the energy diversity of the 16th District, which Kinzinger believes can serve as a model for achieving U.S. energy independence.
Attending will be State Rep. Tom Demmer, Byron Mayor Christopher Millard, Rochelle Mayor Chet J. Olson, Demmer’s Chief of Staff Austin Quick, Illinois River Energy General Manager Neal Jakel, Rochelle Economic Development Director Jason Anderson, Rochelle Municipal Utilities Financial Manager Dan Westin, Ogle County Board Chairman Kim P. Gouker, EN Engineering Board of Directors Chairman Joseph Posewick and Thayer Lighting’s Patti Thayer.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013