- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Lucha Cantina to open at Edgebrook Aug. 7
Online Staff Report
Lucha Cantina, a Mexican-American restaurant and bar, will open Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Edgebrook shopping center, 1641 N. Alpine Road, Suite 212, Rockford. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 11 a.m., Aug. 12.
Menu will offer a variety of Mexican and American food and drinks. Using all of the freshest ingredients, the restaurant will serve food from quesadillas and burritos to burgers and french fries.
Hours are 11 a.m.-midnight, Monday-Thursday, and 11 a.m.-2 a.m., Friday and Saturday.
Owner Josh Binning has an extensive background in the food industry having worked at Rockford’s Old Chicago restaurant and bar for the past 16 years. This is his first endeavor owning his own restaurant in the Rockford area, where he is excited to utilize concepts from friend Chuck Holcomb, owner of two successful restaurants in Breckenridge and Georgetown, Colo.
Binning said: “My wife and I are very excited about this new venture. We look forward to not only being an addition to Edgebrook Center, and it is our plan to be an active member of the community.”
Posted Aug. 7, 2013