- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
Lucha Cantina to open at Edgebrook Aug. 7
Online Staff Report
Lucha Cantina, a Mexican-American restaurant and bar, will open Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Edgebrook shopping center, 1641 N. Alpine Road, Suite 212, Rockford. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 11 a.m., Aug. 12.
Menu will offer a variety of Mexican and American food and drinks. Using all of the freshest ingredients, the restaurant will serve food from quesadillas and burritos to burgers and french fries.
Hours are 11 a.m.-midnight, Monday-Thursday, and 11 a.m.-2 a.m., Friday and Saturday.
Owner Josh Binning has an extensive background in the food industry having worked at Rockford’s Old Chicago restaurant and bar for the past 16 years. This is his first endeavor owning his own restaurant in the Rockford area, where he is excited to utilize concepts from friend Chuck Holcomb, owner of two successful restaurants in Breckenridge and Georgetown, Colo.
Binning said: “My wife and I are very excited about this new venture. We look forward to not only being an addition to Edgebrook Center, and it is our plan to be an active member of the community.”
Posted Aug. 7, 2013