- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Lucha Cantina to open at Edgebrook Aug. 7
Online Staff Report
Lucha Cantina, a Mexican-American restaurant and bar, will open Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Edgebrook shopping center, 1641 N. Alpine Road, Suite 212, Rockford. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 11 a.m., Aug. 12.
Menu will offer a variety of Mexican and American food and drinks. Using all of the freshest ingredients, the restaurant will serve food from quesadillas and burritos to burgers and french fries.
Hours are 11 a.m.-midnight, Monday-Thursday, and 11 a.m.-2 a.m., Friday and Saturday.
Owner Josh Binning has an extensive background in the food industry having worked at Rockford’s Old Chicago restaurant and bar for the past 16 years. This is his first endeavor owning his own restaurant in the Rockford area, where he is excited to utilize concepts from friend Chuck Holcomb, owner of two successful restaurants in Breckenridge and Georgetown, Colo.
Binning said: “My wife and I are very excited about this new venture. We look forward to not only being an addition to Edgebrook Center, and it is our plan to be an active member of the community.”
Posted Aug. 7, 2013