- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Makeever elected president of Bar Association
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. (Reinhart) shareholder Jeffery J. Makeever has been elected president of the Winnebago County Bar Association (WCBA). The WCBA promotes and supports the practice of law and the administration of justice according to the highest standards while also serving its members through education, collegiality and opportunities for public service.
Makeever served as vice president of the WCBA for the past two years, previously served on the WCBA’s Board of Directors and was president of the Winnebago County Bar Foundation. His other board service has included serving as president of the Discovery Center Museum’s Board of Directors, president of the Riverfront Museum Park’s Board of Directors, member of the University of Illinois College of Medicine’s Advisory Board for its Master’s in Medical Biotechnology Degree Program, and member of the Montessori Learning Path’s Board of Directors. Makeever also is a current member of the Forest Hills Country Club Board of Directors.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013