- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Makeever elected president of Bar Association
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. (Reinhart) shareholder Jeffery J. Makeever has been elected president of the Winnebago County Bar Association (WCBA). The WCBA promotes and supports the practice of law and the administration of justice according to the highest standards while also serving its members through education, collegiality and opportunities for public service.
Makeever served as vice president of the WCBA for the past two years, previously served on the WCBA’s Board of Directors and was president of the Winnebago County Bar Foundation. His other board service has included serving as president of the Discovery Center Museum’s Board of Directors, president of the Riverfront Museum Park’s Board of Directors, member of the University of Illinois College of Medicine’s Advisory Board for its Master’s in Medical Biotechnology Degree Program, and member of the Montessori Learning Path’s Board of Directors. Makeever also is a current member of the Forest Hills Country Club Board of Directors.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013