- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
RAMI to hold ‘Rockin’ Garage Sale’ Sept. 8
The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) will be holding its first Rockin’ Roll Garage Sale Sunday, Sept. 8. This event will be at the Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford. Vendors can set up from 9 to 11 a.m. the day of the sale. Doors will be open to the public from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., with an admission charge of $3 per person.
Musicians, sound and lighting companies, recording studios, music stores and collectors of music memorabilia may reserve a table(s) for the day. Members of the RAMI Musicians Organization will be given discounted table rental prices. To join the RAMI Musicians Organization or to reserve a table(s), go to ramiawards.com. Payment may be made online or mailed to RAMI, P.O. Box 4128, Rockford, IL 61110. Reservation deadline for tables is Aug. 30.
Musicians, technicians, booking agents and venue operators can join the RAMI Musicians Organization for one year at $10 or two years for $15.
Table prices are as follow:
• Commercial vendors: stage area, $100.
• RAMI Musicians Organization members: half of an 8-foot table, $10; 8-foot table, $20; two 8-foot tables, $40.
• Non-member prices: half of an 8-foot table, $15; 8-foot table, $30; two 8-foot tables, $50.
Tebala Shrine Temple will be selling food throughout the day and cash bar.
Contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021 or Bruce Hammond at (815) 378-8732 for more details. For more about the RAMIs, visit ramiawards.com.
From the Aug. 7-13, 2013, issue