- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
Raw food class to be held Aug. 14
Online Staff Report
Learn how to get started on the road to living a healthy, balanced lifestyle incorporating more delicious raw vegan foods. Find out why raw foods help you gain more energy, feel younger, reduce colds, flu and allergies, and help maintain a healthy weight without “dieting.”
Sign up for “Raw Food for Smart, Busy People” (part of the Raw Rocks Tour series), to be offered from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 14, at Raw Energy with Brenda Richter, Belvidere/Rockford (RSVP for the exact address). Contact Brenda Richter at (815) 543-1207 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Join Cherie Soria and Dan Ladermann, directors of Living Light International, as they create delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes from their new book, Raw Food for Dummies. (The class includes a culinary demo and samples.)
Cost is $30 per person. Make your reservation soon, as space is limited to 40 people.
Richter is a graduate of the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, where she received her certification as a Raw Culinary Arts associate chef and instructor. She is passionate about sharing the living foods lifestyle with others, and she teaches raw culinary art classes in Rockford and the surrounding areas.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013