- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Raw food class to be held Aug. 14
Online Staff Report
Learn how to get started on the road to living a healthy, balanced lifestyle incorporating more delicious raw vegan foods. Find out why raw foods help you gain more energy, feel younger, reduce colds, flu and allergies, and help maintain a healthy weight without “dieting.”
Sign up for “Raw Food for Smart, Busy People” (part of the Raw Rocks Tour series), to be offered from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 14, at Raw Energy with Brenda Richter, Belvidere/Rockford (RSVP for the exact address). Contact Brenda Richter at (815) 543-1207 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Cherie Soria and Dan Ladermann, directors of Living Light International, as they create delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes from their new book, Raw Food for Dummies. (The class includes a culinary demo and samples.)
Cost is $30 per person. Make your reservation soon, as space is limited to 40 people.
Richter is a graduate of the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, where she received her certification as a Raw Culinary Arts associate chef and instructor. She is passionate about sharing the living foods lifestyle with others, and she teaches raw culinary art classes in Rockford and the surrounding areas.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013