- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Raw food class to be held Aug. 14
Online Staff Report
Learn how to get started on the road to living a healthy, balanced lifestyle incorporating more delicious raw vegan foods. Find out why raw foods help you gain more energy, feel younger, reduce colds, flu and allergies, and help maintain a healthy weight without “dieting.”
Sign up for “Raw Food for Smart, Busy People” (part of the Raw Rocks Tour series), to be offered from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 14, at Raw Energy with Brenda Richter, Belvidere/Rockford (RSVP for the exact address). Contact Brenda Richter at (815) 543-1207 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Join Cherie Soria and Dan Ladermann, directors of Living Light International, as they create delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes from their new book, Raw Food for Dummies. (The class includes a culinary demo and samples.)
Cost is $30 per person. Make your reservation soon, as space is limited to 40 people.
Richter is a graduate of the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, where she received her certification as a Raw Culinary Arts associate chef and instructor. She is passionate about sharing the living foods lifestyle with others, and she teaches raw culinary art classes in Rockford and the surrounding areas.
Posted Aug. 7, 2013