- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Receive 10 free Colorado blue spruce trees by joining the Arbor Day Foundation in August
NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. — Spruce up your landscape by joining the Arbor Day Foundation in August.
Everyone who joins the nonprofit Arbor Day Foundation with a $10 donation will receive 10 free Colorado blue spruce trees through the Foundation’s Trees for America campaign.
The trees will be shipped postpaid at the right time for planting in each member’s area, which falls between Oct. 15 and Dec. 10. The 6- to 12-inch trees are guaranteed to grow, or they will be replaced free of charge.
“Colorado blue spruce trees provide homeowners with numerous benefits,” said John Rosenow, founder and chief executive of the Arbor Day Foundation. They can be used as an energy-saving windbreak, for privacy, as ornamental trees and even as living Christmas trees out in the yard. They truly provide year-round beauty for any landscape.”
New members of the Arbor Day Foundation will also receive The Tree Book, which includes information about tree planting and care, and a subscription to Arbor Day, the foundation’s bimonthly publication.
To receive the free Colorado blue spruce trees, send a $10 membership contribution to Ten Free Blue Spruces, Arbor Day Foundation, 100 Arbor Ave., Nebraska City, NE 68410, by Aug. 31, 2013, or join online at arborday.org/august.
From the Aug. 7-13, 2013, issue