- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Receive 10 free Colorado blue spruce trees by joining the Arbor Day Foundation in August
NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. — Spruce up your landscape by joining the Arbor Day Foundation in August.
Everyone who joins the nonprofit Arbor Day Foundation with a $10 donation will receive 10 free Colorado blue spruce trees through the Foundation’s Trees for America campaign.
The trees will be shipped postpaid at the right time for planting in each member’s area, which falls between Oct. 15 and Dec. 10. The 6- to 12-inch trees are guaranteed to grow, or they will be replaced free of charge.
“Colorado blue spruce trees provide homeowners with numerous benefits,” said John Rosenow, founder and chief executive of the Arbor Day Foundation. They can be used as an energy-saving windbreak, for privacy, as ornamental trees and even as living Christmas trees out in the yard. They truly provide year-round beauty for any landscape.”
New members of the Arbor Day Foundation will also receive The Tree Book, which includes information about tree planting and care, and a subscription to Arbor Day, the foundation’s bimonthly publication.
To receive the free Colorado blue spruce trees, send a $10 membership contribution to Ten Free Blue Spruces, Arbor Day Foundation, 100 Arbor Ave., Nebraska City, NE 68410, by Aug. 31, 2013, or join online at arborday.org/august.
From the Aug. 7-13, 2013, issue