- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Receive 10 free Colorado blue spruce trees by joining the Arbor Day Foundation in August
NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. — Spruce up your landscape by joining the Arbor Day Foundation in August.
Everyone who joins the nonprofit Arbor Day Foundation with a $10 donation will receive 10 free Colorado blue spruce trees through the Foundation’s Trees for America campaign.
The trees will be shipped postpaid at the right time for planting in each member’s area, which falls between Oct. 15 and Dec. 10. The 6- to 12-inch trees are guaranteed to grow, or they will be replaced free of charge.
“Colorado blue spruce trees provide homeowners with numerous benefits,” said John Rosenow, founder and chief executive of the Arbor Day Foundation. They can be used as an energy-saving windbreak, for privacy, as ornamental trees and even as living Christmas trees out in the yard. They truly provide year-round beauty for any landscape.”
New members of the Arbor Day Foundation will also receive The Tree Book, which includes information about tree planting and care, and a subscription to Arbor Day, the foundation’s bimonthly publication.
To receive the free Colorado blue spruce trees, send a $10 membership contribution to Ten Free Blue Spruces, Arbor Day Foundation, 100 Arbor Ave., Nebraska City, NE 68410, by Aug. 31, 2013, or join online at arborday.org/august.
From the Aug. 7-13, 2013, issue