- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Music Academy announces new hires
The Music Academy in Rockford has hired Amy Beekhuizen as a violin and viola instructor and Janice Bartik as business manager and registrar.
Beekhuizen most recently taught violin and viola students for the Suzuki School of Newton, Mass. She holds a bachelor of arts in violin and a master of music in viola performance from the University of Northern Iowa. She is trained in teaching the Suzuki method and recently completed advanced training for violin at the University of Hartford. She has performed both the violin and viola with many different orchestras and ensembles in the Midwest and Boston area. She is accepting new students for the fall semester. Call The Music Academy at (815) 986-0037 for more details.
Bartik most recently served as administrative and finance manager at the Coronado Performing Arts Center (SMG). Before that, she was employed at Rockford University. She is a member of the Rockford Network of Professional Women, Rockford Area Arts Council and the Land of Lincoln Theater Organ Society.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. The academy’s mission is to inspire in students a life-long love of music and the arts. The Music Academy is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., Rockford, next to First Lutheran Church. Visit www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue