- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
Music Academy announces new hires
The Music Academy in Rockford has hired Amy Beekhuizen as a violin and viola instructor and Janice Bartik as business manager and registrar.
Beekhuizen most recently taught violin and viola students for the Suzuki School of Newton, Mass. She holds a bachelor of arts in violin and a master of music in viola performance from the University of Northern Iowa. She is trained in teaching the Suzuki method and recently completed advanced training for violin at the University of Hartford. She has performed both the violin and viola with many different orchestras and ensembles in the Midwest and Boston area. She is accepting new students for the fall semester. Call The Music Academy at (815) 986-0037 for more details.
Bartik most recently served as administrative and finance manager at the Coronado Performing Arts Center (SMG). Before that, she was employed at Rockford University. She is a member of the Rockford Network of Professional Women, Rockford Area Arts Council and the Land of Lincoln Theater Organ Society.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. The academy’s mission is to inspire in students a life-long love of music and the arts. The Music Academy is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., Rockford, next to First Lutheran Church. Visit www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue