- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Music Academy announces new hires
The Music Academy in Rockford has hired Amy Beekhuizen as a violin and viola instructor and Janice Bartik as business manager and registrar.
Beekhuizen most recently taught violin and viola students for the Suzuki School of Newton, Mass. She holds a bachelor of arts in violin and a master of music in viola performance from the University of Northern Iowa. She is trained in teaching the Suzuki method and recently completed advanced training for violin at the University of Hartford. She has performed both the violin and viola with many different orchestras and ensembles in the Midwest and Boston area. She is accepting new students for the fall semester. Call The Music Academy at (815) 986-0037 for more details.
Bartik most recently served as administrative and finance manager at the Coronado Performing Arts Center (SMG). Before that, she was employed at Rockford University. She is a member of the Rockford Network of Professional Women, Rockford Area Arts Council and the Land of Lincoln Theater Organ Society.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. The academy’s mission is to inspire in students a life-long love of music and the arts. The Music Academy is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., Rockford, next to First Lutheran Church. Visit www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue