- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Music Con Worldwide Music Convention at CherryVale Aug. 16-18
The inaugural Music Con Worldwide Music Convention will be held in the center court of CherryVale Mall, 7200 Harrison Ave., Rockford, Friday-Sunday, Aug. 16-18.
The convention will serve as a music business/trade-show event that is open to the public. The goal is to bring Rockford’s independent music scene to light through a “free-to-the-public” show.
The convention is for all genres of music and music-related businesses. Rock, metal, country, singer/songwriter, hip-hop, blues, alternative and DJ will all be included.
Sponsors and bands will have merchandise available, make guest appearances and delight with intimate acoustic performances in center court.
Many artists will appear at the event, including Modifire, Fists of Rage, Folk University, As One, Jerry Harris, Untold Legacy, Lost Thoughts, Roxtar, On My Six, Case in Point, Bareknuckle Bullseye, The Ghosts and Electric Head. Special guests will include Matt Roberts from the nationally touring band Hedder from Rockford and Speedgod from Lansing, Mich., which includes the former bass player of the popular metal band Kitty. Music Con Worldwide was founded in Rockford in 2011.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue