- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Music Con Worldwide Music Convention at CherryVale Aug. 16-18
The inaugural Music Con Worldwide Music Convention will be held in the center court of CherryVale Mall, 7200 Harrison Ave., Rockford, Friday-Sunday, Aug. 16-18.
The convention will serve as a music business/trade-show event that is open to the public. The goal is to bring Rockford’s independent music scene to light through a “free-to-the-public” show.
The convention is for all genres of music and music-related businesses. Rock, metal, country, singer/songwriter, hip-hop, blues, alternative and DJ will all be included.
Sponsors and bands will have merchandise available, make guest appearances and delight with intimate acoustic performances in center court.
Many artists will appear at the event, including Modifire, Fists of Rage, Folk University, As One, Jerry Harris, Untold Legacy, Lost Thoughts, Roxtar, On My Six, Case in Point, Bareknuckle Bullseye, The Ghosts and Electric Head. Special guests will include Matt Roberts from the nationally touring band Hedder from Rockford and Speedgod from Lansing, Mich., which includes the former bass player of the popular metal band Kitty. Music Con Worldwide was founded in Rockford in 2011.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue