- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Music Con Worldwide Music Convention at CherryVale Aug. 16-18
The inaugural Music Con Worldwide Music Convention will be held in the center court of CherryVale Mall, 7200 Harrison Ave., Rockford, Friday-Sunday, Aug. 16-18.
The convention will serve as a music business/trade-show event that is open to the public. The goal is to bring Rockford’s independent music scene to light through a “free-to-the-public” show.
The convention is for all genres of music and music-related businesses. Rock, metal, country, singer/songwriter, hip-hop, blues, alternative and DJ will all be included.
Sponsors and bands will have merchandise available, make guest appearances and delight with intimate acoustic performances in center court.
Many artists will appear at the event, including Modifire, Fists of Rage, Folk University, As One, Jerry Harris, Untold Legacy, Lost Thoughts, Roxtar, On My Six, Case in Point, Bareknuckle Bullseye, The Ghosts and Electric Head. Special guests will include Matt Roberts from the nationally touring band Hedder from Rockford and Speedgod from Lansing, Mich., which includes the former bass player of the popular metal band Kitty. Music Con Worldwide was founded in Rockford in 2011.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue