- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Paula Carynski new president of OSF Saint Anthony
David Schertz, CEO for OSF HealthCare Northern Region, has announced that Paula Carynski has been named the new president of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford.
Carynski has been with OSF for almost 30 years, with 14 of those years at the executive level. She is the vice president of Patient Care Services, holding that position since 1999.
Carynski is a well-respected, effective leader who has led major initiatives at OSF Saint Anthony and within OSF HealthCare. She is a graduate of the Saint Anthony College of Nursing, Rockford University and has her master of science in nursing administration from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Carynski is board certified as a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and Advanced Nursing Administration.
Carynski is actively involved in the Rockford community, serving such organizations as Rosecrance, the Rockford Health Council and the American Heart Association.
In the role of president, Carynski will direct all internal operations of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center while developing and implementing short-term tactics within long-term strategies that provide high-quality and cost-effective health care. To ensure a successful transition, all reporting responsibilities will remain in place until a new structure is developed for OSF Saint Anthony and the northern Illinois region.