- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Paula Carynski new president of OSF Saint Anthony
David Schertz, CEO for OSF HealthCare Northern Region, has announced that Paula Carynski has been named the new president of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford.
Carynski has been with OSF for almost 30 years, with 14 of those years at the executive level. She is the vice president of Patient Care Services, holding that position since 1999.
Carynski is a well-respected, effective leader who has led major initiatives at OSF Saint Anthony and within OSF HealthCare. She is a graduate of the Saint Anthony College of Nursing, Rockford University and has her master of science in nursing administration from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Carynski is board certified as a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and Advanced Nursing Administration.
Carynski is actively involved in the Rockford community, serving such organizations as Rosecrance, the Rockford Health Council and the American Heart Association.
In the role of president, Carynski will direct all internal operations of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center while developing and implementing short-term tactics within long-term strategies that provide high-quality and cost-effective health care. To ensure a successful transition, all reporting responsibilities will remain in place until a new structure is developed for OSF Saint Anthony and the northern Illinois region.