- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
RHS Ambassadors Golf Play Day Aug. 19 at Rockford Country Club
Limited spots are still available for the RHS Ambassadors Golf Play Day, to be held Monday, Aug. 19, at Rockford Country Club, 2500 Oxford St., Rockford.
The annual event is sponsored by the RHS Ambassadors, a volunteer organization of the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation that supports initiatives at Rockford Health System.
RHS Ambassadors, current and past board members, current and retired medical staff, managers, business partners, and other friends of Rockford Health System hit the links for fun and camaraderie — and to raise money for a good cause. This year’s proceeds will benefit the superior care provided by The Neonatal Intensive Care Program at Rockford Memorial Hospital.
Play Day festivities begin at 11 a.m. with registration and lunch; then, a shotgun start at noon, followed by a light dinner reception and prizes at 5:30 p.m. Look for fun contests plus first aid for your golf score like “mulligan treatments” and “licorice string therapy.” Cost is $150 per person and includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, and aftergolf reception.
To register for the Play Day, go online to www.rockfordhealthsystem.org/golf.aspx or contact the foundation at (815) 971-4141.
This event has sold out in the past, so spots are limited and are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Paid registration reserves a spot.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue