- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
RHS Ambassadors Golf Play Day Aug. 19 at Rockford Country Club
Limited spots are still available for the RHS Ambassadors Golf Play Day, to be held Monday, Aug. 19, at Rockford Country Club, 2500 Oxford St., Rockford.
The annual event is sponsored by the RHS Ambassadors, a volunteer organization of the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation that supports initiatives at Rockford Health System.
RHS Ambassadors, current and past board members, current and retired medical staff, managers, business partners, and other friends of Rockford Health System hit the links for fun and camaraderie — and to raise money for a good cause. This year’s proceeds will benefit the superior care provided by The Neonatal Intensive Care Program at Rockford Memorial Hospital.
Play Day festivities begin at 11 a.m. with registration and lunch; then, a shotgun start at noon, followed by a light dinner reception and prizes at 5:30 p.m. Look for fun contests plus first aid for your golf score like “mulligan treatments” and “licorice string therapy.” Cost is $150 per person and includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, and aftergolf reception.
To register for the Play Day, go online to www.rockfordhealthsystem.org/golf.aspx or contact the foundation at (815) 971-4141.
This event has sold out in the past, so spots are limited and are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Paid registration reserves a spot.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue