- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
Support the Music Academy Foundation
The Music Academy Foundation, the funding outreach of The Music Academy, asks you to become a partner in promoting music education for youth in our community.
As an example of the school’s investment in the future, meet Sarah Pearl, Music Academy class of 2024. She may become a molecular biologist, an entrepreneur, play with the Chicago Symphony, or even become president.
We don’t know if she will develop effective, efficient solar energy technology, become a recording artist in Memphis, Tenn., or return to Rockford to teach at the Music Academy or in our public schools.
This is a fact: in 2012, 130 donors changed the way she is learning to think and act; they changed her life. Music Academy alumna, Emily Herdeman Kelly, class of 2001, captures the value of the work:
“You do an amazing job at the school, and it is such a service for the Rockford community. Thank you for caring about music and about each child and family as much as you do! Through each child you place beauty, integrity, and a sense of community in a world that desperately needs more of these things!”
Gifts by donors, those who appreciate and support the power of an arts education are creating new possibilities for the students and the communities in which we live.
Donations may be made by check payable to: The Music Academy Foundation, P.O. Box 6333, Rockford, IL 61125. Your gift is tax deductible as allowed by law.
For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or by fax, (815) 986-0076, or e-mail rkenney@MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue