- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Support the Music Academy Foundation
The Music Academy Foundation, the funding outreach of The Music Academy, asks you to become a partner in promoting music education for youth in our community.
As an example of the school’s investment in the future, meet Sarah Pearl, Music Academy class of 2024. She may become a molecular biologist, an entrepreneur, play with the Chicago Symphony, or even become president.
We don’t know if she will develop effective, efficient solar energy technology, become a recording artist in Memphis, Tenn., or return to Rockford to teach at the Music Academy or in our public schools.
This is a fact: in 2012, 130 donors changed the way she is learning to think and act; they changed her life. Music Academy alumna, Emily Herdeman Kelly, class of 2001, captures the value of the work:
“You do an amazing job at the school, and it is such a service for the Rockford community. Thank you for caring about music and about each child and family as much as you do! Through each child you place beauty, integrity, and a sense of community in a world that desperately needs more of these things!”
Gifts by donors, those who appreciate and support the power of an arts education are creating new possibilities for the students and the communities in which we live.
Donations may be made by check payable to: The Music Academy Foundation, P.O. Box 6333, Rockford, IL 61125. Your gift is tax deductible as allowed by law.
For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or by fax, (815) 986-0076, or e-mail rkenney@MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue