- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
WWE superstar Goldust headlines Aug. 17 bash at Aviators Stadium
Promoters of Old School Professional Wrestling and Vallay Enterprises are teaming up for a return to the newly christened Rockford Aviators Baseball Stadium Saturday, Aug. 17. It is being billed as a major summer bash event, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Rockford 2013 Youth Legacy Foundation.
The promoters have signed former WWE superstar Goldust for a special exhibition match that night.
“He is the son of the legendary ‘American Dream’ Dusty Rhodes and brother of current WWE superstar Cody Rhodes,” said Tomas Reinl. “He has established himself as a top performer in the wrestling business through his unique in-ring abilities and years of hard work.”
The main event for the evening will feature a good, old-fashioned steel-cage match pitting the son of wrestling legend Harley Race, current WLW heavyweight champion Leland Race, against Mr. Rudy Vallay. Vallay, a local resident of the area, competed at last year’s event and proved victorious. Will he be able to do it again?
Aug. 17 will see the return of the 7-foot-tall giant, The Minnesota Nightmare, as he competes in a MEGA 10-Man Tag Team match that will feature two teams of five with a total combined weight of nearly 2 tons.
Also signed, is a WLW ladies title match and a classic 20-man battle royal.
Those who purchase front-row and ringside tickets will have access to a meet-and-greet with the wrestlers beforehand at 5:30 p.m. Goldust will also be available for photos and autographs at an extra cost. Tickets start at $6 and range up to $30 for front-row seating.
Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by calling (815) 885-2255. Information is available at the Rockford Aviators box office or by visiting www.rockfordaviators.com/stadium/events/?date=2013-8-17.
From the Aug. 14-20, 2013, issue