- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Abreo hosts Openfields Local Foods Dinner Aug. 28
Abreo, known for its original and seasonal menus that are sourced heavily from local farmers as well as a variety of premium import suppliers, will go 100 percent local for its Fifth Annual Openfields Local Foods Dinner Wednesday, Aug. 28.
Abreo Owner and Executive Chef Paul Sletton will overwhelm your senses with his innovative and distinctive all-local creations while supporting the local foods economy of our region.
The event begins at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 28 at Abreo, 515 E. State St., Rockford. Dinner is $65 per person and includes a unique, multi-course, 100 percent locally-grown meal. Beverages will be offered for an added fee; gratuity is not included. Registrations are required and are made through University of Illinois Extension.
University of Illinois Extension’s Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series is a popular summer dinner series that brings together innovative restaurants, talented chefs, local farmers and savvy diners to celebrate healthy, delicious, locally-produced foods. For more about this or another dinner in the series, call U of I Extension at (815) 858-2273 or visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw.
From the Aug. 21-27, 2013, issue