- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Abreo hosts Openfields Local Foods Dinner Aug. 28
Abreo, known for its original and seasonal menus that are sourced heavily from local farmers as well as a variety of premium import suppliers, will go 100 percent local for its Fifth Annual Openfields Local Foods Dinner Wednesday, Aug. 28.
Abreo Owner and Executive Chef Paul Sletton will overwhelm your senses with his innovative and distinctive all-local creations while supporting the local foods economy of our region.
The event begins at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 28 at Abreo, 515 E. State St., Rockford. Dinner is $65 per person and includes a unique, multi-course, 100 percent locally-grown meal. Beverages will be offered for an added fee; gratuity is not included. Registrations are required and are made through University of Illinois Extension.
University of Illinois Extension’s Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series is a popular summer dinner series that brings together innovative restaurants, talented chefs, local farmers and savvy diners to celebrate healthy, delicious, locally-produced foods. For more about this or another dinner in the series, call U of I Extension at (815) 858-2273 or visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw.
From the Aug. 21-27, 2013, issue