- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Abreo hosts Openfields Local Foods Dinner Aug. 28
Abreo, known for its original and seasonal menus that are sourced heavily from local farmers as well as a variety of premium import suppliers, will go 100 percent local for its Fifth Annual Openfields Local Foods Dinner Wednesday, Aug. 28.
Abreo Owner and Executive Chef Paul Sletton will overwhelm your senses with his innovative and distinctive all-local creations while supporting the local foods economy of our region.
The event begins at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 28 at Abreo, 515 E. State St., Rockford. Dinner is $65 per person and includes a unique, multi-course, 100 percent locally-grown meal. Beverages will be offered for an added fee; gratuity is not included. Registrations are required and are made through University of Illinois Extension.
University of Illinois Extension’s Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series is a popular summer dinner series that brings together innovative restaurants, talented chefs, local farmers and savvy diners to celebrate healthy, delicious, locally-produced foods. For more about this or another dinner in the series, call U of I Extension at (815) 858-2273 or visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw.
From the Aug. 21-27, 2013, issue