- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Abreo hosts Openfields Local Foods Dinner Aug. 28
Abreo, known for its original and seasonal menus that are sourced heavily from local farmers as well as a variety of premium import suppliers, will go 100 percent local for its Fifth Annual Openfields Local Foods Dinner Wednesday, Aug. 28.
Abreo Owner and Executive Chef Paul Sletton will overwhelm your senses with his innovative and distinctive all-local creations while supporting the local foods economy of our region.
The event begins at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 28 at Abreo, 515 E. State St., Rockford. Dinner is $65 per person and includes a unique, multi-course, 100 percent locally-grown meal. Beverages will be offered for an added fee; gratuity is not included. Registrations are required and are made through University of Illinois Extension.
University of Illinois Extension’s Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series is a popular summer dinner series that brings together innovative restaurants, talented chefs, local farmers and savvy diners to celebrate healthy, delicious, locally-produced foods. For more about this or another dinner in the series, call U of I Extension at (815) 858-2273 or visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw.
From the Aug. 21-27, 2013, issue