- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford Aviators to turn the ballpark red Aug. 24
Saturday, Aug. 24, 2,000-3,000 fans will gather for fun, fireworks and more as OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Aviators Professional Baseball and the American Heart Association turn Aviator Park red.
Gates at the park, located at 4503 Interstate Blvd., Loves Park, Ill., open at 6 p.m. Game time is 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $7, with $4 of every ticket sold going toward Go Red For Women. The bases will be painted red in honor of the fight against heart disease, and opening pitch for the game will be thrown by an OSF cardiologist.
Don’t miss the evening of family fun, entertainment and fun facts about the American Heart Association. Be one of the first 1,000 to arrive and receive an Aviator fleece blanket courtesy of Williams-Manny Insurance and WIFR 23.
More activities include fireworks sponsored by OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, an OSF booth on its services in the fight against cardiovascular disease, 50/50 raffle tickets, an auction of the Go Red jerseys worn by Rockford Aviators during the night, and a giveaway of 500 Go Red T-shirts.
Go Red For Women is the American Heart Association’s nationwide movement celebrating the energy, passion and power women have to band together and wipe out heart disease. Nearly 2,200 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day — one person every 39 seconds. The 2014 Go Red for Women Luncheon is scheduled for Feb. 19, 2014, at Giovanni’s Restaurant & Conference Center.
From the Aug. 21-27, 2013, issue