- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Rockford Aviators to turn the ballpark red Aug. 24
Saturday, Aug. 24, 2,000-3,000 fans will gather for fun, fireworks and more as OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Aviators Professional Baseball and the American Heart Association turn Aviator Park red.
Gates at the park, located at 4503 Interstate Blvd., Loves Park, Ill., open at 6 p.m. Game time is 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $7, with $4 of every ticket sold going toward Go Red For Women. The bases will be painted red in honor of the fight against heart disease, and opening pitch for the game will be thrown by an OSF cardiologist.
Don’t miss the evening of family fun, entertainment and fun facts about the American Heart Association. Be one of the first 1,000 to arrive and receive an Aviator fleece blanket courtesy of Williams-Manny Insurance and WIFR 23.
More activities include fireworks sponsored by OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, an OSF booth on its services in the fight against cardiovascular disease, 50/50 raffle tickets, an auction of the Go Red jerseys worn by Rockford Aviators during the night, and a giveaway of 500 Go Red T-shirts.
Go Red For Women is the American Heart Association’s nationwide movement celebrating the energy, passion and power women have to band together and wipe out heart disease. Nearly 2,200 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day — one person every 39 seconds. The 2014 Go Red for Women Luncheon is scheduled for Feb. 19, 2014, at Giovanni’s Restaurant & Conference Center.
From the Aug. 21-27, 2013, issue