- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Area students sought for Council Choraleers
Online Staff Report
Local music educator and performing artist Dorothy Paige-Turner invites fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade students from public schools, private schools and the home-schooled in the greater Rockford area to participate in Council Choraleers.
Council Choraleers is a community chorus coordinated in collaboration with the Rockford Area Arts Council and is in its second year.
This exciting and unique performing experience is an opportunity to heighten community awareness of the enormous artistic talent of our youth. All are welcome to celebrate differences and discover similarities through lifting their collective voice in song.
Rehearsals will be held Tuesday evenings from 5:30-6:30 p.m., beginning Sept. 3 at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. There are no auditions, and the program is free, thanks to generous sponsors.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or e-mail email@example.com.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013