- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Area students sought for Council Choraleers
Online Staff Report
Local music educator and performing artist Dorothy Paige-Turner invites fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade students from public schools, private schools and the home-schooled in the greater Rockford area to participate in Council Choraleers.
Council Choraleers is a community chorus coordinated in collaboration with the Rockford Area Arts Council and is in its second year.
This exciting and unique performing experience is an opportunity to heighten community awareness of the enormous artistic talent of our youth. All are welcome to celebrate differences and discover similarities through lifting their collective voice in song.
Rehearsals will be held Tuesday evenings from 5:30-6:30 p.m., beginning Sept. 3 at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. There are no auditions, and the program is free, thanks to generous sponsors.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or e-mail email@example.com.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013