- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Area students sought for Council Choraleers
Online Staff Report
Local music educator and performing artist Dorothy Paige-Turner invites fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade students from public schools, private schools and the home-schooled in the greater Rockford area to participate in Council Choraleers.
Council Choraleers is a community chorus coordinated in collaboration with the Rockford Area Arts Council and is in its second year.
This exciting and unique performing experience is an opportunity to heighten community awareness of the enormous artistic talent of our youth. All are welcome to celebrate differences and discover similarities through lifting their collective voice in song.
Rehearsals will be held Tuesday evenings from 5:30-6:30 p.m., beginning Sept. 3 at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. There are no auditions, and the program is free, thanks to generous sponsors.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013