- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
Area students sought for Council Choraleers
Online Staff Report
Local music educator and performing artist Dorothy Paige-Turner invites fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade students from public schools, private schools and the home-schooled in the greater Rockford area to participate in Council Choraleers.
Council Choraleers is a community chorus coordinated in collaboration with the Rockford Area Arts Council and is in its second year.
This exciting and unique performing experience is an opportunity to heighten community awareness of the enormous artistic talent of our youth. All are welcome to celebrate differences and discover similarities through lifting their collective voice in song.
Rehearsals will be held Tuesday evenings from 5:30-6:30 p.m., beginning Sept. 3 at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. There are no auditions, and the program is free, thanks to generous sponsors.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013