- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Area students sought for Council Choraleers
Online Staff Report
Local music educator and performing artist Dorothy Paige-Turner invites fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade students from public schools, private schools and the home-schooled in the greater Rockford area to participate in Council Choraleers.
Council Choraleers is a community chorus coordinated in collaboration with the Rockford Area Arts Council and is in its second year.
This exciting and unique performing experience is an opportunity to heighten community awareness of the enormous artistic talent of our youth. All are welcome to celebrate differences and discover similarities through lifting their collective voice in song.
Rehearsals will be held Tuesday evenings from 5:30-6:30 p.m., beginning Sept. 3 at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. There are no auditions, and the program is free, thanks to generous sponsors.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or e-mail email@example.com.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013