- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Blood Center receives two-year accreditation
Online Staff Report
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) has received a two-year AABB accreditation for donor center activities based on an intensive three-day, on-site assessment.
During the three-day assessment, specially trained assessors determined that the quality and operational systems in place within RRVBC were at a level of technical, operational and administrative performance that met or exceeded the standards set by the AABB, according to RRVBC CEO Linda Gerber.
The AABB Accreditation Program, recognized by the International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua), assesses compliance with AABB standards, the Code of Federal Regulations, as well as other federal guidance documents.
“While we receive numerous mandated federal and state regulatory audits and inspections, the AABB’s accreditation assessment is a voluntary program,” Gerber explained. “RRVBC participates in the accreditation program because it assists facilities worldwide in achieving excellence by promoting a level of professional and technical expertise that contributes to quality performance and patient safety.”
RRVBC has been a member of AABB since the blood center first opened in 1952, and continuously accredited since 1958 when AABB first began the program.
RRVBC serves as a centralized, community blood center and is the sole provider of blood products and services to Beloit Memorial Hospital, Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, FHN, Mercy Harvard Hospital, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center — Belvidere.
For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue