- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Blood Center receives two-year accreditation
Online Staff Report
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) has received a two-year AABB accreditation for donor center activities based on an intensive three-day, on-site assessment.
During the three-day assessment, specially trained assessors determined that the quality and operational systems in place within RRVBC were at a level of technical, operational and administrative performance that met or exceeded the standards set by the AABB, according to RRVBC CEO Linda Gerber.
The AABB Accreditation Program, recognized by the International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua), assesses compliance with AABB standards, the Code of Federal Regulations, as well as other federal guidance documents.
“While we receive numerous mandated federal and state regulatory audits and inspections, the AABB’s accreditation assessment is a voluntary program,” Gerber explained. “RRVBC participates in the accreditation program because it assists facilities worldwide in achieving excellence by promoting a level of professional and technical expertise that contributes to quality performance and patient safety.”
RRVBC has been a member of AABB since the blood center first opened in 1952, and continuously accredited since 1958 when AABB first began the program.
RRVBC serves as a centralized, community blood center and is the sole provider of blood products and services to Beloit Memorial Hospital, Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, FHN, Mercy Harvard Hospital, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center — Belvidere.
For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue