- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
Circles of Learning welcomes executive director
Circles of Learning Child Care Centers has announced the selection of Anita J. Rumage, MS Ed., as the executive director of the Centers in Rockford. Rumage will fill the vacancy created by the untimely death of longtime Director Diane Stout. The appointment was made after a regional search and selection process.
Rumage’s resume includes more than 10 years leading complex agencies and operations in the nonprofit sector, most recently at FHN Family Counseling Center and Voices DV. She is finishing her doctoral degree in public administration and has her master’s degree in early education from Northern Illinois University. Rumage previously worked at Circles of Learning for more than 13 years, serving many roles, including the site director position.
Circles of Learning is a nonprofit social service agency licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. The state-licensed child care facility offers infant/toddler care, before and after school child care, pre-school educational services, and a comprehensive family support system. Circles of Learning has been a quality child care provider in the Rockford area for more than 40 years, beginning with Orton Keyes Day Care Center and now as Circles of Learning, with two locations, one on North Main Street in the Spectrum School complex and one on Wansford Way. Both locations have earned a Star Level 2 Award from the Illinois Quality Counts Quality Rating System.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013