- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Circles of Learning welcomes executive director
Circles of Learning Child Care Centers has announced the selection of Anita J. Rumage, MS Ed., as the executive director of the Centers in Rockford. Rumage will fill the vacancy created by the untimely death of longtime Director Diane Stout. The appointment was made after a regional search and selection process.
Rumage’s resume includes more than 10 years leading complex agencies and operations in the nonprofit sector, most recently at FHN Family Counseling Center and Voices DV. She is finishing her doctoral degree in public administration and has her master’s degree in early education from Northern Illinois University. Rumage previously worked at Circles of Learning for more than 13 years, serving many roles, including the site director position.
Circles of Learning is a nonprofit social service agency licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. The state-licensed child care facility offers infant/toddler care, before and after school child care, pre-school educational services, and a comprehensive family support system. Circles of Learning has been a quality child care provider in the Rockford area for more than 40 years, beginning with Orton Keyes Day Care Center and now as Circles of Learning, with two locations, one on North Main Street in the Spectrum School complex and one on Wansford Way. Both locations have earned a Star Level 2 Award from the Illinois Quality Counts Quality Rating System.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013