- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Circles of Learning welcomes executive director
Circles of Learning Child Care Centers has announced the selection of Anita J. Rumage, MS Ed., as the executive director of the Centers in Rockford. Rumage will fill the vacancy created by the untimely death of longtime Director Diane Stout. The appointment was made after a regional search and selection process.
Rumage’s resume includes more than 10 years leading complex agencies and operations in the nonprofit sector, most recently at FHN Family Counseling Center and Voices DV. She is finishing her doctoral degree in public administration and has her master’s degree in early education from Northern Illinois University. Rumage previously worked at Circles of Learning for more than 13 years, serving many roles, including the site director position.
Circles of Learning is a nonprofit social service agency licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. The state-licensed child care facility offers infant/toddler care, before and after school child care, pre-school educational services, and a comprehensive family support system. Circles of Learning has been a quality child care provider in the Rockford area for more than 40 years, beginning with Orton Keyes Day Care Center and now as Circles of Learning, with two locations, one on North Main Street in the Spectrum School complex and one on Wansford Way. Both locations have earned a Star Level 2 Award from the Illinois Quality Counts Quality Rating System.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013