- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
Circles of Learning welcomes executive director
Circles of Learning Child Care Centers has announced the selection of Anita J. Rumage, MS Ed., as the executive director of the Centers in Rockford. Rumage will fill the vacancy created by the untimely death of longtime Director Diane Stout. The appointment was made after a regional search and selection process.
Rumage’s resume includes more than 10 years leading complex agencies and operations in the nonprofit sector, most recently at FHN Family Counseling Center and Voices DV. She is finishing her doctoral degree in public administration and has her master’s degree in early education from Northern Illinois University. Rumage previously worked at Circles of Learning for more than 13 years, serving many roles, including the site director position.
Circles of Learning is a nonprofit social service agency licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. The state-licensed child care facility offers infant/toddler care, before and after school child care, pre-school educational services, and a comprehensive family support system. Circles of Learning has been a quality child care provider in the Rockford area for more than 40 years, beginning with Orton Keyes Day Care Center and now as Circles of Learning, with two locations, one on North Main Street in the Spectrum School complex and one on Wansford Way. Both locations have earned a Star Level 2 Award from the Illinois Quality Counts Quality Rating System.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013