- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Circles of Learning welcomes executive director
Circles of Learning Child Care Centers has announced the selection of Anita J. Rumage, MS Ed., as the executive director of the Centers in Rockford. Rumage will fill the vacancy created by the untimely death of longtime Director Diane Stout. The appointment was made after a regional search and selection process.
Rumage’s resume includes more than 10 years leading complex agencies and operations in the nonprofit sector, most recently at FHN Family Counseling Center and Voices DV. She is finishing her doctoral degree in public administration and has her master’s degree in early education from Northern Illinois University. Rumage previously worked at Circles of Learning for more than 13 years, serving many roles, including the site director position.
Circles of Learning is a nonprofit social service agency licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. The state-licensed child care facility offers infant/toddler care, before and after school child care, pre-school educational services, and a comprehensive family support system. Circles of Learning has been a quality child care provider in the Rockford area for more than 40 years, beginning with Orton Keyes Day Care Center and now as Circles of Learning, with two locations, one on North Main Street in the Spectrum School complex and one on Wansford Way. Both locations have earned a Star Level 2 Award from the Illinois Quality Counts Quality Rating System.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013