- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
Lenox Healthcare opens new office, adds physician
Lenox Healthcare for Women, formerly in Camelot Towers on East State Street, has a new home. The practice is now at The Cornerstone Building, 1235 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
In addition to the new office, a new face is treating patients at the center. Peggy Shiels, M.D., a board-certified internal medicine physician, has joined Jack Lenox, M.D., a board-certified gynecologist, to provide comprehensive care to women of all ages. The staff also includes two women’s health nurse practitioners and a licensed professional counselor.
Dr. Shiels brings a solid background in community-based disease management and prevention. She earned her medical degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and went on to complete her residency training at Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University in St. Louis. Dr. Shiels spent eight years caring for patients in the Rockford community. She now looks forward to delivering comprehensive and continuous patient services as a primary care provider for such conditions as diabetes, hypertension, asthma, heart disease and more.
For more about Lenox Healthcare for Women, go to www.lenoxcare4women.com.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue