- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Lenox Healthcare opens new office, adds physician
Lenox Healthcare for Women, formerly in Camelot Towers on East State Street, has a new home. The practice is now at The Cornerstone Building, 1235 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
In addition to the new office, a new face is treating patients at the center. Peggy Shiels, M.D., a board-certified internal medicine physician, has joined Jack Lenox, M.D., a board-certified gynecologist, to provide comprehensive care to women of all ages. The staff also includes two women’s health nurse practitioners and a licensed professional counselor.
Dr. Shiels brings a solid background in community-based disease management and prevention. She earned her medical degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and went on to complete her residency training at Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University in St. Louis. Dr. Shiels spent eight years caring for patients in the Rockford community. She now looks forward to delivering comprehensive and continuous patient services as a primary care provider for such conditions as diabetes, hypertension, asthma, heart disease and more.
For more about Lenox Healthcare for Women, go to www.lenoxcare4women.com.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue