- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Former On the Waterfront staff, volunteers host festival ‘wake’ at Kryptonite Aug. 30
By Bruce Hammond
Sound Concepts Co-owner & Former OTW Production Liaison/Resident Grouch
Rather than lurching around downtown this week like something out of a zombie movie, a few of the former staff and volunteers of On the Waterfront (OTW) decided to commemorate the passing of Rockford’s premier live music event by holding a wake at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., Friday, Aug. 30, from 6 p.m. to close.
While it is primarily an excuse for people who worked together for all or part of the festival’s 29-year run, it’s open to everyone. The band Rockfish will reunite to play a set later in the evening. All recorded music will be from artists who have performed at OTW or Stars and Guitars. Cover is $5.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue