- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Former On the Waterfront staff, volunteers host festival ‘wake’ at Kryptonite Aug. 30
By Bruce Hammond
Sound Concepts Co-owner & Former OTW Production Liaison/Resident Grouch
Rather than lurching around downtown this week like something out of a zombie movie, a few of the former staff and volunteers of On the Waterfront (OTW) decided to commemorate the passing of Rockford’s premier live music event by holding a wake at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., Friday, Aug. 30, from 6 p.m. to close.
While it is primarily an excuse for people who worked together for all or part of the festival’s 29-year run, it’s open to everyone. The band Rockfish will reunite to play a set later in the evening. All recorded music will be from artists who have performed at OTW or Stars and Guitars. Cover is $5.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue