- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Former On the Waterfront staff, volunteers host festival ‘wake’ at Kryptonite Aug. 30
By Bruce Hammond
Sound Concepts Co-owner & Former OTW Production Liaison/Resident Grouch
Rather than lurching around downtown this week like something out of a zombie movie, a few of the former staff and volunteers of On the Waterfront (OTW) decided to commemorate the passing of Rockford’s premier live music event by holding a wake at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., Friday, Aug. 30, from 6 p.m. to close.
While it is primarily an excuse for people who worked together for all or part of the festival’s 29-year run, it’s open to everyone. The band Rockfish will reunite to play a set later in the evening. All recorded music will be from artists who have performed at OTW or Stars and Guitars. Cover is $5.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue