- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Former On the Waterfront staff, volunteers host festival ‘wake’ at Kryptonite Aug. 30
By Bruce Hammond
Sound Concepts Co-owner & Former OTW Production Liaison/Resident Grouch
Rather than lurching around downtown this week like something out of a zombie movie, a few of the former staff and volunteers of On the Waterfront (OTW) decided to commemorate the passing of Rockford’s premier live music event by holding a wake at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., Friday, Aug. 30, from 6 p.m. to close.
While it is primarily an excuse for people who worked together for all or part of the festival’s 29-year run, it’s open to everyone. The band Rockfish will reunite to play a set later in the evening. All recorded music will be from artists who have performed at OTW or Stars and Guitars. Cover is $5.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue