- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Former On the Waterfront staff, volunteers host festival ‘wake’ at Kryptonite Aug. 30
By Bruce Hammond
Sound Concepts Co-owner & Former OTW Production Liaison/Resident Grouch
Rather than lurching around downtown this week like something out of a zombie movie, a few of the former staff and volunteers of On the Waterfront (OTW) decided to commemorate the passing of Rockford’s premier live music event by holding a wake at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., Friday, Aug. 30, from 6 p.m. to close.
While it is primarily an excuse for people who worked together for all or part of the festival’s 29-year run, it’s open to everyone. The band Rockfish will reunite to play a set later in the evening. All recorded music will be from artists who have performed at OTW or Stars and Guitars. Cover is $5.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue