- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
New Glarus’ ‘Art in the Park’ set for Sept. 1
Online Staff Report
NEW GLARUS, Wis. — The village of New Glarus, Wis., is a perfect destination for Labor Day weekend. Head to New Glarus’ Village Park and the 51st annual fine art and craft fair, “Art in the Park.”
Art in the Park will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 1. Juried artists will sell their wares, including pottery, paintings, jewelry, photography and more.
Committee organizer Mary Thomson said: “We are very pleased to be presenting our 51st event. We have many talented artists and exceptional craftsmen from Wisconsin, and several other surrounding states. It’s a great opportunity to experience fine arts and crafts in a casual outdoor venue. The flavor of Switzerland is everywhere in New Glarus. Visitors can experience fine Swiss cuisine at one of our many outstanding restaurants.”
Blues/rock & roll music provided by guitarist/singer/songwriter Greg Boerner, food, children’s creative area and quick access to New Glarus’ charming downtown round out the day.
Kaye Gmur, a director of the Wilhelm Tell Festival, said: “Travelers hoping to take in our celebratory 76th presentation of the drama ‘Wilhelm Tell’ featuring Swiss folk dancing, music and live animals in a natural outdoor amphitheater may want to spend the weekend with us. Families can enjoy everything from camping, a children’s lantern parade and a yodel contest.”
New Glarus is nestled in the rolling hills of southwest Wisconsin, 25 miles south of Madison, Wis. For more about Labor Day weekend events in New Glarus, visit www.swisstown.com.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013