- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
New Glarus’ ‘Art in the Park’ set for Sept. 1
Online Staff Report
NEW GLARUS, Wis. — The village of New Glarus, Wis., is a perfect destination for Labor Day weekend. Head to New Glarus’ Village Park and the 51st annual fine art and craft fair, “Art in the Park.”
Art in the Park will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 1. Juried artists will sell their wares, including pottery, paintings, jewelry, photography and more.
Committee organizer Mary Thomson said: “We are very pleased to be presenting our 51st event. We have many talented artists and exceptional craftsmen from Wisconsin, and several other surrounding states. It’s a great opportunity to experience fine arts and crafts in a casual outdoor venue. The flavor of Switzerland is everywhere in New Glarus. Visitors can experience fine Swiss cuisine at one of our many outstanding restaurants.”
Blues/rock & roll music provided by guitarist/singer/songwriter Greg Boerner, food, children’s creative area and quick access to New Glarus’ charming downtown round out the day.
Kaye Gmur, a director of the Wilhelm Tell Festival, said: “Travelers hoping to take in our celebratory 76th presentation of the drama ‘Wilhelm Tell’ featuring Swiss folk dancing, music and live animals in a natural outdoor amphitheater may want to spend the weekend with us. Families can enjoy everything from camping, a children’s lantern parade and a yodel contest.”
New Glarus is nestled in the rolling hills of southwest Wisconsin, 25 miles south of Madison, Wis. For more about Labor Day weekend events in New Glarus, visit www.swisstown.com.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013