- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rock Valley College professor honored
Julie Schildgen, academic chairman and professor of graphic arts technology at Rock Valley College (RVC), is the recipient of the Academic Educator 2013 Printing Industries of America Education Award of Excellence. The Education Awards of Excellence honor distinguished educational service as a direct result of leadership, special education, and/or training accomplishments.
Schildgen is responsible for expanding the RVC program to include graphic design and cross media production. After several years of self-study, in 2012, the RVC program was the first associate program to be accredited by the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications. She now serves on the ACCGC Board of Directors.
Schildgen will be presented with her award along with Mark Wendling, Heidelberg, recipient of the Industry Trainer Education Award of Excellence, at the 2013 GASC/Printing Industries of America Teacher’s Conference Sept. 8 in Chicago.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue