- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rock Valley College professor honored
Julie Schildgen, academic chairman and professor of graphic arts technology at Rock Valley College (RVC), is the recipient of the Academic Educator 2013 Printing Industries of America Education Award of Excellence. The Education Awards of Excellence honor distinguished educational service as a direct result of leadership, special education, and/or training accomplishments.
Schildgen is responsible for expanding the RVC program to include graphic design and cross media production. After several years of self-study, in 2012, the RVC program was the first associate program to be accredited by the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications. She now serves on the ACCGC Board of Directors.
Schildgen will be presented with her award along with Mark Wendling, Heidelberg, recipient of the Industry Trainer Education Award of Excellence, at the 2013 GASC/Printing Industries of America Teacher’s Conference Sept. 8 in Chicago.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue