- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
Rock Valley College professor honored
Julie Schildgen, academic chairman and professor of graphic arts technology at Rock Valley College (RVC), is the recipient of the Academic Educator 2013 Printing Industries of America Education Award of Excellence. The Education Awards of Excellence honor distinguished educational service as a direct result of leadership, special education, and/or training accomplishments.
Schildgen is responsible for expanding the RVC program to include graphic design and cross media production. After several years of self-study, in 2012, the RVC program was the first associate program to be accredited by the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications. She now serves on the ACCGC Board of Directors.
Schildgen will be presented with her award along with Mark Wendling, Heidelberg, recipient of the Industry Trainer Education Award of Excellence, at the 2013 GASC/Printing Industries of America Teacher’s Conference Sept. 8 in Chicago.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue