- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Rock Valley College professor honored
Julie Schildgen, academic chairman and professor of graphic arts technology at Rock Valley College (RVC), is the recipient of the Academic Educator 2013 Printing Industries of America Education Award of Excellence. The Education Awards of Excellence honor distinguished educational service as a direct result of leadership, special education, and/or training accomplishments.
Schildgen is responsible for expanding the RVC program to include graphic design and cross media production. After several years of self-study, in 2012, the RVC program was the first associate program to be accredited by the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications. She now serves on the ACCGC Board of Directors.
Schildgen will be presented with her award along with Mark Wendling, Heidelberg, recipient of the Industry Trainer Education Award of Excellence, at the 2013 GASC/Printing Industries of America Teacher’s Conference Sept. 8 in Chicago.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue