- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Sept. 7 kickball tournament to bring awareness to foster care, adoption
Rockford Kickball For a Home Tournament will be Saturday, Sept. 7, at Sportscore One, 1288 Elmwood Road, Rockford, with registration at 9 a.m. and kickoff at 10 a.m.
The event aims to bring awareness about the wonderful children in foster care who are waiting for forever families and will raise funds to benefit the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption (DTFA). This year’s fund-raising goal is $5,000.
Registration deadline for teams is Aug. 31.
A kickball team can consist of 10 to 13 players. Registration fee is $20 per player. If you can’t play, you can still make a difference by donating to a team or player. As an added incentive, the folks at Artale Wine Company are donating a beer-tasting event to the team that raises the most money. Limit of 12 to 18 players for the beer-tasting event, valued at $200.
Lucy Rivas of Marveluz Books is a local author and promoter of the Kickball For a Home Tournament to benefit adoption of children currently in foster care. For more information and registration, contact Rivas at Marveluz Books by phone at (562) 208-0472 or e-mail at email@example.com. Registration link: http://rockford.kintera.org/kickball.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue