- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
Sept. 7 kickball tournament to bring awareness to foster care, adoption
Rockford Kickball For a Home Tournament will be Saturday, Sept. 7, at Sportscore One, 1288 Elmwood Road, Rockford, with registration at 9 a.m. and kickoff at 10 a.m.
The event aims to bring awareness about the wonderful children in foster care who are waiting for forever families and will raise funds to benefit the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption (DTFA). This year’s fund-raising goal is $5,000.
Registration deadline for teams is Aug. 31.
A kickball team can consist of 10 to 13 players. Registration fee is $20 per player. If you can’t play, you can still make a difference by donating to a team or player. As an added incentive, the folks at Artale Wine Company are donating a beer-tasting event to the team that raises the most money. Limit of 12 to 18 players for the beer-tasting event, valued at $200.
Lucy Rivas of Marveluz Books is a local author and promoter of the Kickball For a Home Tournament to benefit adoption of children currently in foster care. For more information and registration, contact Rivas at Marveluz Books by phone at (562) 208-0472 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration link: http://rockford.kintera.org/kickball.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue