- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Sept. 7 kickball tournament to bring awareness to foster care, adoption
Rockford Kickball For a Home Tournament will be Saturday, Sept. 7, at Sportscore One, 1288 Elmwood Road, Rockford, with registration at 9 a.m. and kickoff at 10 a.m.
The event aims to bring awareness about the wonderful children in foster care who are waiting for forever families and will raise funds to benefit the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption (DTFA). This year’s fund-raising goal is $5,000.
Registration deadline for teams is Aug. 31.
A kickball team can consist of 10 to 13 players. Registration fee is $20 per player. If you can’t play, you can still make a difference by donating to a team or player. As an added incentive, the folks at Artale Wine Company are donating a beer-tasting event to the team that raises the most money. Limit of 12 to 18 players for the beer-tasting event, valued at $200.
Lucy Rivas of Marveluz Books is a local author and promoter of the Kickball For a Home Tournament to benefit adoption of children currently in foster care. For more information and registration, contact Rivas at Marveluz Books by phone at (562) 208-0472 or e-mail at email@example.com. Registration link: http://rockford.kintera.org/kickball.
From the Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2013, issue