- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Switchback to appear at the Lincoln Building in Franklin Grove Aug. 30
Online Staff Report
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — Fans of the popular Fifth Friday Music Shows at the historic H.I. Lincoln Building in Franklin Grove, Ill., are in for a unique treat Friday, Aug. 30. Music fans will welcome a special appearance by Marty McCormack and Brian FitzGerald. Known throughout North America, Ireland and Italy as Switchback, these talented musicians will provide a rousing evening of American Roots blended with Celtic Soul.
Playing more than 200 engagements a year, Switchback has shared the stage with artists as diverse as The Moody Blues, Gaelic Storm, Leon Russell and Lee Greenwood. Equally at home in giant 15,000-seat stadiums or in intimate settings like Nashville’s Bluebird Café or Franklin Grove’s historic H.I. Lincoln Building, Switchback can connect with everyone who loves Irish Music — or just really good music. Their appeal is universal!
There will be two action-packed shows at 7 and 9 p.m. Seating is limited, so don’t delay. Tickets are available for a $10 donation by calling the H.I. Lincoln building at (815) 456-3030 daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., noon to 4 p.m. on Sundays, or stop by the H.I. Lincoln Building during the same hours. Tickets may be available at the door, but previous Switchback appearances have sold out in advance.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013