- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Switchback to appear at the Lincoln Building in Franklin Grove Aug. 30
Online Staff Report
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — Fans of the popular Fifth Friday Music Shows at the historic H.I. Lincoln Building in Franklin Grove, Ill., are in for a unique treat Friday, Aug. 30. Music fans will welcome a special appearance by Marty McCormack and Brian FitzGerald. Known throughout North America, Ireland and Italy as Switchback, these talented musicians will provide a rousing evening of American Roots blended with Celtic Soul.
Playing more than 200 engagements a year, Switchback has shared the stage with artists as diverse as The Moody Blues, Gaelic Storm, Leon Russell and Lee Greenwood. Equally at home in giant 15,000-seat stadiums or in intimate settings like Nashville’s Bluebird Café or Franklin Grove’s historic H.I. Lincoln Building, Switchback can connect with everyone who loves Irish Music — or just really good music. Their appeal is universal!
There will be two action-packed shows at 7 and 9 p.m. Seating is limited, so don’t delay. Tickets are available for a $10 donation by calling the H.I. Lincoln building at (815) 456-3030 daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., noon to 4 p.m. on Sundays, or stop by the H.I. Lincoln Building during the same hours. Tickets may be available at the door, but previous Switchback appearances have sold out in advance.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013