- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
U of I Extension Master Naturalist program accepting registration
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension invites adults of all ages to join them for the Fall 2013 Illinois Master Naturalist program to be held in Winnebago County on Thursday afternoons from 2 to 6 p.m., starting Sept. 5 and ending Nov. 14.
The Master Naturalist program is a volunteer-training program that features instructors from local environmental agencies and showcases our area’s rich natural heritage by hosting classes at different parks and preserves in the area.
Dave Tanaglia, program graduate, recommends the program to anyone interested in nature.
“To me, the Master Naturalist program is a gateway for those interested in the natural world,” Tanaglia said. “The program introduces the participants to many aspects of the natural world and to knowledgeable people who are really passionate about these areas. Anyone completing the program will have a broader and deeper appreciation of nature and an admiration for those who strive to understand her workings.”
Master Naturalist participants agree to perform 60 hours volunteer service within two years after completing the training. Volunteer opportunities are extremely flexible and tailored to fit personal interests, abilities and time restraints. For more information and to register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013