- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
U of I Extension Master Naturalist program accepting registration
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension invites adults of all ages to join them for the Fall 2013 Illinois Master Naturalist program to be held in Winnebago County on Thursday afternoons from 2 to 6 p.m., starting Sept. 5 and ending Nov. 14.
The Master Naturalist program is a volunteer-training program that features instructors from local environmental agencies and showcases our area’s rich natural heritage by hosting classes at different parks and preserves in the area.
Dave Tanaglia, program graduate, recommends the program to anyone interested in nature.
“To me, the Master Naturalist program is a gateway for those interested in the natural world,” Tanaglia said. “The program introduces the participants to many aspects of the natural world and to knowledgeable people who are really passionate about these areas. Anyone completing the program will have a broader and deeper appreciation of nature and an admiration for those who strive to understand her workings.”
Master Naturalist participants agree to perform 60 hours volunteer service within two years after completing the training. Volunteer opportunities are extremely flexible and tailored to fit personal interests, abilities and time restraints. For more information and to register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
Posted Aug. 28, 2013