- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
State Police post application for concealed carry firearms instructor
Online Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — In advance of the Sept. 6 statutory deadline, Illinois State Police officials announced Aug. 30 the Illinois concealed carry firearms instructor and curriculum applications are available on its website.
Qualified individuals interested in completing the application to become an Illinois certified firearms instructor or to have their firearms curriculum approved for use in Illinois can access the application at http://www.isp.state.il.us/.
The department has developed a registry that will include information regarding approved instructors who apply and successfully demonstrate they meet all of the statutory requirements as soon as applications are approved. Similarly, a list of approved courses will also be available on the ISP website.
Instructor applicants are required to first electronically submit fingerprints through an Illinois licensed Livescan vendor to expedite the background check process.
Electronic fingerprint submission is necessary to ensure timely approval of instructors and allow individuals who want to apply for an Illinois concealed carry firearms license access to the required training.
Instructor applicants seeking to become a certified Illinois concealed carry firearms instructor shall be: at least 21 years of age; a legal resident of the United States; possess or be eligible for a valid FOID card; and be eligible for a Concealed Carry License in Illinois.
Posted Aug. 30, 2013