- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
State Police post application for concealed carry firearms instructor
Online Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — In advance of the Sept. 6 statutory deadline, Illinois State Police officials announced Aug. 30 the Illinois concealed carry firearms instructor and curriculum applications are available on its website.
Qualified individuals interested in completing the application to become an Illinois certified firearms instructor or to have their firearms curriculum approved for use in Illinois can access the application at http://www.isp.state.il.us/.
The department has developed a registry that will include information regarding approved instructors who apply and successfully demonstrate they meet all of the statutory requirements as soon as applications are approved. Similarly, a list of approved courses will also be available on the ISP website.
Instructor applicants are required to first electronically submit fingerprints through an Illinois licensed Livescan vendor to expedite the background check process.
Electronic fingerprint submission is necessary to ensure timely approval of instructors and allow individuals who want to apply for an Illinois concealed carry firearms license access to the required training.
Instructor applicants seeking to become a certified Illinois concealed carry firearms instructor shall be: at least 21 years of age; a legal resident of the United States; possess or be eligible for a valid FOID card; and be eligible for a Concealed Carry License in Illinois.
Posted Aug. 30, 2013