- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
State Police post application for concealed carry firearms instructor
Online Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — In advance of the Sept. 6 statutory deadline, Illinois State Police officials announced Aug. 30 the Illinois concealed carry firearms instructor and curriculum applications are available on its website.
Qualified individuals interested in completing the application to become an Illinois certified firearms instructor or to have their firearms curriculum approved for use in Illinois can access the application at http://www.isp.state.il.us/.
The department has developed a registry that will include information regarding approved instructors who apply and successfully demonstrate they meet all of the statutory requirements as soon as applications are approved. Similarly, a list of approved courses will also be available on the ISP website.
Instructor applicants are required to first electronically submit fingerprints through an Illinois licensed Livescan vendor to expedite the background check process.
Electronic fingerprint submission is necessary to ensure timely approval of instructors and allow individuals who want to apply for an Illinois concealed carry firearms license access to the required training.
Instructor applicants seeking to become a certified Illinois concealed carry firearms instructor shall be: at least 21 years of age; a legal resident of the United States; possess or be eligible for a valid FOID card; and be eligible for a Concealed Carry License in Illinois.
Posted Aug. 30, 2013