- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Galena Food and Wine Festival set for Sept. 6
Online Staff Report
GALENA, Ill. — Committee members of the consistently sold-out Galena Wine Lovers’ Weekend and ARC Taste of Galena have come together to plan a new event slated for Friday, Sept. 6, from 7 to 10 p.m., at the Galena Convention Center, 900 Galena Square Drive in Galena, Ill.
The Galena Food and Wine Festival aspires to be a culinary dream, featuring the talents of Galena-area restaurants as well as wine-tasting — showcasing approximately 150 varieties — sponsored by Family Beer & Liquor.
Tickets for the Galena Food and Wine Festival are $50 per person and available online at www.galenafoodandwinefestival.com.
“We highly recommend purchasing tickets early as our sister events — Galena Wine Lovers’ Weekend and ARC Taste of Galena — have quickly sold out in advance,” said Fred Bonnet, of Fried Green Tomatoes Restaurant. A discounted designated driver ticket for $30 is also available.
The event — with a portion of the proceeds to benefit the Galena Art and Recreation Center — will also include live music, a raffle and silent auction.
To purchase tickets (available online only) or learn more about Galena’s new Food and Wine Festival, visit www.galenafoodandwinefestival.com.
In June 2013, Fodor’s named Galena, Ill., as one of the best summer getaways near Chicago, and best for food and wine, girlfriends and romance. Find out more about more great Galena wine, beer and culinary events, including an upcoming attempt to break the world record for the longest toast Nov. 22, 2013, at Nouveau Wine Weekend. Visit www.galenawinebeerfood.com.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013