- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Galena Food and Wine Festival set for Sept. 6
Online Staff Report
GALENA, Ill. — Committee members of the consistently sold-out Galena Wine Lovers’ Weekend and ARC Taste of Galena have come together to plan a new event slated for Friday, Sept. 6, from 7 to 10 p.m., at the Galena Convention Center, 900 Galena Square Drive in Galena, Ill.
The Galena Food and Wine Festival aspires to be a culinary dream, featuring the talents of Galena-area restaurants as well as wine-tasting — showcasing approximately 150 varieties — sponsored by Family Beer & Liquor.
Tickets for the Galena Food and Wine Festival are $50 per person and available online at www.galenafoodandwinefestival.com.
“We highly recommend purchasing tickets early as our sister events — Galena Wine Lovers’ Weekend and ARC Taste of Galena — have quickly sold out in advance,” said Fred Bonnet, of Fried Green Tomatoes Restaurant. A discounted designated driver ticket for $30 is also available.
The event — with a portion of the proceeds to benefit the Galena Art and Recreation Center — will also include live music, a raffle and silent auction.
To purchase tickets (available online only) or learn more about Galena’s new Food and Wine Festival, visit www.galenafoodandwinefestival.com.
In June 2013, Fodor’s named Galena, Ill., as one of the best summer getaways near Chicago, and best for food and wine, girlfriends and romance. Find out more about more great Galena wine, beer and culinary events, including an upcoming attempt to break the world record for the longest toast Nov. 22, 2013, at Nouveau Wine Weekend. Visit www.galenawinebeerfood.com.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013