- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Sept. 10 deadline for Junior NFL Cheer Camp
Online Staff Report
Openings are still available for Rockford Park District’s Junior NFL Cheer Camp, where youth ages 3-5 gain an introduction to basic cheer and tumbling skills, including jumping techniques and proper movements, as well as life skills such as teambuilding, all in a fun environment.
The camp runs 6-6:45 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 17-26, at Riverview Ice House, 324 N. Madison St., Rockford; the fee is $35 per participant ($40 non-resident), and includes a T-shirt, award and hair bow.
Register by Tuesday, Sept. 10, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park. For more information, call (815) 987-8800, (815) 962-7469, or e-mail email@example.com. Information about support for camp participants with disabilities is also available at (815) 987-8800, as is information about fee assistance for eligible Park District residents.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013