- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Sept. 10 deadline for Junior NFL Cheer Camp
Online Staff Report
Openings are still available for Rockford Park District’s Junior NFL Cheer Camp, where youth ages 3-5 gain an introduction to basic cheer and tumbling skills, including jumping techniques and proper movements, as well as life skills such as teambuilding, all in a fun environment.
The camp runs 6-6:45 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 17-26, at Riverview Ice House, 324 N. Madison St., Rockford; the fee is $35 per participant ($40 non-resident), and includes a T-shirt, award and hair bow.
Register by Tuesday, Sept. 10, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park. For more information, call (815) 987-8800, (815) 962-7469, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about support for camp participants with disabilities is also available at (815) 987-8800, as is information about fee assistance for eligible Park District residents.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013