- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Sept. 10 deadline for Junior NFL Cheer Camp
Online Staff Report
Openings are still available for Rockford Park District’s Junior NFL Cheer Camp, where youth ages 3-5 gain an introduction to basic cheer and tumbling skills, including jumping techniques and proper movements, as well as life skills such as teambuilding, all in a fun environment.
The camp runs 6-6:45 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 17-26, at Riverview Ice House, 324 N. Madison St., Rockford; the fee is $35 per participant ($40 non-resident), and includes a T-shirt, award and hair bow.
Register by Tuesday, Sept. 10, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park. For more information, call (815) 987-8800, (815) 962-7469, or e-mail email@example.com. Information about support for camp participants with disabilities is also available at (815) 987-8800, as is information about fee assistance for eligible Park District residents.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013