- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Sept. 10 deadline for Junior NFL Cheer Camp
Online Staff Report
Openings are still available for Rockford Park District’s Junior NFL Cheer Camp, where youth ages 3-5 gain an introduction to basic cheer and tumbling skills, including jumping techniques and proper movements, as well as life skills such as teambuilding, all in a fun environment.
The camp runs 6-6:45 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 17-26, at Riverview Ice House, 324 N. Madison St., Rockford; the fee is $35 per participant ($40 non-resident), and includes a T-shirt, award and hair bow.
Register by Tuesday, Sept. 10, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park. For more information, call (815) 987-8800, (815) 962-7469, or e-mail email@example.com. Information about support for camp participants with disabilities is also available at (815) 987-8800, as is information about fee assistance for eligible Park District residents.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013