- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Whitetails Unlimited fund-raising event scheduled
Online Staff Report
Whitetails Unlimited (WTU) is sponsoring the Rockford Area Banquet Thursday, Sept. 19, at Lino’s, 5611 E. State St., Rockford. This special event will feature a chicken parmigiana dinner, auction and prizes with an array of products such as firearms, outfitter packages, hunting and outdoor-related equipment, artwork and collectibles only available at WTU events. Proceeds from this fund-raising event will go toward local youth conservation projects.
The social hour begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 each, $20 for a spouse, or $20 for children 15 and younger. Ticket order deadline is Sept. 12, and tickets will not be sold at the door.
To order tickets locally, call Pete Blassage at (815) 289-4834 or WTU National Headquarters at (800) 274-5471, or go online at www.whitetailsunlimited.com.
Founded in 1982, Whitetails Unlimited is a national nonprofit conservation organization. Its mission is to raise funds in support of education, habitat enhancement and acquisition, and the preservation of the hunting tradition for the benefit of the white-tailed deer and other wildlife. When it comes to the whitetail and its environment, WTU’s degree of professionalism and dedication has earned WTU the reputation of being the nation’s premier whitetail organization.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013