- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Whitetails Unlimited fund-raising event scheduled
Online Staff Report
Whitetails Unlimited (WTU) is sponsoring the Rockford Area Banquet Thursday, Sept. 19, at Lino’s, 5611 E. State St., Rockford. This special event will feature a chicken parmigiana dinner, auction and prizes with an array of products such as firearms, outfitter packages, hunting and outdoor-related equipment, artwork and collectibles only available at WTU events. Proceeds from this fund-raising event will go toward local youth conservation projects.
The social hour begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 each, $20 for a spouse, or $20 for children 15 and younger. Ticket order deadline is Sept. 12, and tickets will not be sold at the door.
To order tickets locally, call Pete Blassage at (815) 289-4834 or WTU National Headquarters at (800) 274-5471, or go online at www.whitetailsunlimited.com.
Founded in 1982, Whitetails Unlimited is a national nonprofit conservation organization. Its mission is to raise funds in support of education, habitat enhancement and acquisition, and the preservation of the hunting tradition for the benefit of the white-tailed deer and other wildlife. When it comes to the whitetail and its environment, WTU’s degree of professionalism and dedication has earned WTU the reputation of being the nation’s premier whitetail organization.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013