- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Whitetails Unlimited fund-raising event scheduled
Online Staff Report
Whitetails Unlimited (WTU) is sponsoring the Rockford Area Banquet Thursday, Sept. 19, at Lino’s, 5611 E. State St., Rockford. This special event will feature a chicken parmigiana dinner, auction and prizes with an array of products such as firearms, outfitter packages, hunting and outdoor-related equipment, artwork and collectibles only available at WTU events. Proceeds from this fund-raising event will go toward local youth conservation projects.
The social hour begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 each, $20 for a spouse, or $20 for children 15 and younger. Ticket order deadline is Sept. 12, and tickets will not be sold at the door.
To order tickets locally, call Pete Blassage at (815) 289-4834 or WTU National Headquarters at (800) 274-5471, or go online at www.whitetailsunlimited.com.
Founded in 1982, Whitetails Unlimited is a national nonprofit conservation organization. Its mission is to raise funds in support of education, habitat enhancement and acquisition, and the preservation of the hunting tradition for the benefit of the white-tailed deer and other wildlife. When it comes to the whitetail and its environment, WTU’s degree of professionalism and dedication has earned WTU the reputation of being the nation’s premier whitetail organization.
Posted Sept. 4, 2013