- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Angelic Organics offers Whole Tree Architecture Building Workshop
Online Staff Report
CALEDONIA, Ill. — In addition to being a leader in the local food movement, Angelic Organics Learning Center in Caledonia, Ill., is also a regional center for green and natural building design. The workshop and office space at Angelic Organic Farm is a whole tree structure with strawbale walls, a living roof and passive solar heating.
Sept. 14-15, the Learning Center will host a hands-on Whole Tree Architecture Building Workshop taught by nationally recognized green architect Roald Gundersen of Whole Tree Architecture and Structures. The event will be at the Learning Center’s farm location, 1547 Rockton Road, Caledonia.
This workshop provides the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art skills in sustainable construction that you can apply to your own building projects using trimmings from your backyard trees. Students will receive expert instruction in whole tree design, framing and finishing. Information about forestry, tree selection, peeling bark, and assembling a simple structure will also be provided. Visit www.wholetrees.com to learn more about Roald’s round timber architecture, solar greenhouses and straw bale buildings.
Angelic Organics Learning Center has the following two special offers to go with this in-depth weekend workshop:
• Participants are able to camp overnight Saturday for no additional charge.
• For a limited time only, register one person at full price ($200) and get the second person for half off. To redeem this special offer, contact Kellie at the Learning Center at (815) 389-8455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about this workshop, or for the Learning Center’s complete calendar of workshop listings for adults, children and families, visit http://www.learngrowconnect.org.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013