- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Angelic Organics offers Whole Tree Architecture Building Workshop
Online Staff Report
CALEDONIA, Ill. — In addition to being a leader in the local food movement, Angelic Organics Learning Center in Caledonia, Ill., is also a regional center for green and natural building design. The workshop and office space at Angelic Organic Farm is a whole tree structure with strawbale walls, a living roof and passive solar heating.
Sept. 14-15, the Learning Center will host a hands-on Whole Tree Architecture Building Workshop taught by nationally recognized green architect Roald Gundersen of Whole Tree Architecture and Structures. The event will be at the Learning Center’s farm location, 1547 Rockton Road, Caledonia.
This workshop provides the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art skills in sustainable construction that you can apply to your own building projects using trimmings from your backyard trees. Students will receive expert instruction in whole tree design, framing and finishing. Information about forestry, tree selection, peeling bark, and assembling a simple structure will also be provided. Visit www.wholetrees.com to learn more about Roald’s round timber architecture, solar greenhouses and straw bale buildings.
Angelic Organics Learning Center has the following two special offers to go with this in-depth weekend workshop:
• Participants are able to camp overnight Saturday for no additional charge.
• For a limited time only, register one person at full price ($200) and get the second person for half off. To redeem this special offer, contact Kellie at the Learning Center at (815) 389-8455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about this workshop, or for the Learning Center’s complete calendar of workshop listings for adults, children and families, visit http://www.learngrowconnect.org.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013