- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Blood Center announces promotion, addition
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) has announced the promotion of a new technical services director and the hiring of a new director of quality systems.
Leslie Johns, MT(ASCP) SBB, has been promoted to the position of technical services director. In this position, she will oversee business operations relating to patient reference testing, specialized testing, product acceptability testing and quality control. She will also maximize blood utilization through business partnerships with hospitals and other service partners. Prior to this position, Johns was a senior medical technologist at RRVBC. Before joining the team at RRVBC, she held the position of lead hematology technologist/generalist at Kishwaukee Community Hospital in DeKalb, Ill., and clinical education coordinator/MT at Provena Mercy Medical Center in Aurora, Ill. She received her bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory sciences from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Ill. She recently received her SBB certification from the University of Texas.
Safet R. Ibisevic has joined the RRVBC as director of quality systems. In this position, he will be responsible for overall RRVBC compliance to federal and state requirements, AABB standards and company and customer specific requirements. Additionally, Ibisevic will oversee all quality systems and process improvement initiatives including business operations relating to: blood collection, testing, manufacturing, distribution, document control, customer service, safety, risk management, training, and internal and external audits/inspections. Before joining the team at RRVBC, Ibisevic held management positions in blood banking, health care and pharmaceutical organizations. Most recently, he was the director of quality management at ACL Laboratories/Advocate Healthcare in Chicago, and prior to that he was the director of quality assurance at ITxM/LifeSource. Ibisevic received his bachelor’s degree in science with major in chemistry from the University of Science and Mathematics in Novi Sad, Serbia, former Yugoslavia.
From the Sept. 11-17, 2013, issue