- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Canine Classic Dog Fair fund-raiser Sept. 15
The Winnebago County Animal Services (WCAS) Volunteer Auxiliary has announced the 2013 Canine Classic Dog Fair will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 15, at the Sportscore One, 1288 Elmwood Road, Rockford. Proceeds cover medical expenses for animals housed at the WCAS shelter while they are waiting to be adopted.
Activities include police K9 and sled dog demonstrations, ball-throwing contest, meet-and-greet area for adoptable dogs, owner and dog line dancing, dog parade, try your dog on the agility course, and much more. Concessions are also available.
Browse the more than 40 vendor booths that include groomers, jewelry, dog rescue groups, animal shelters, dog toys and treats, dog food, identification tags, T-shirts, 50/50 drawing and prize baskets.
People and dog-friendly owners and their dogs are welcome. Dogs must be wearing a current rabies tag or owner must show proof of a current rabies vaccination. Dogs must also be on a leash, but no flex or retractable leashes will be allowed. Also, leave female dogs in season at home.
A $4 per person and $2 per dog donation will be collected at the entrance. T-shirts can be purchased in advance from WCAS, 4517 N. Main St., or Pampered Pet Grooming, North Main and Riverside. T-shirts will also be available for purchase at the event, while quantities last.
For more details, call (815) 319-4100 or (815) 282-9663, or visit wcasrock.org.
From the Sept. 11-17, 2013, issue