- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Canine Classic Dog Fair fund-raiser Sept. 15
The Winnebago County Animal Services (WCAS) Volunteer Auxiliary has announced the 2013 Canine Classic Dog Fair will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 15, at the Sportscore One, 1288 Elmwood Road, Rockford. Proceeds cover medical expenses for animals housed at the WCAS shelter while they are waiting to be adopted.
Activities include police K9 and sled dog demonstrations, ball-throwing contest, meet-and-greet area for adoptable dogs, owner and dog line dancing, dog parade, try your dog on the agility course, and much more. Concessions are also available.
Browse the more than 40 vendor booths that include groomers, jewelry, dog rescue groups, animal shelters, dog toys and treats, dog food, identification tags, T-shirts, 50/50 drawing and prize baskets.
People and dog-friendly owners and their dogs are welcome. Dogs must be wearing a current rabies tag or owner must show proof of a current rabies vaccination. Dogs must also be on a leash, but no flex or retractable leashes will be allowed. Also, leave female dogs in season at home.
A $4 per person and $2 per dog donation will be collected at the entrance. T-shirts can be purchased in advance from WCAS, 4517 N. Main St., or Pampered Pet Grooming, North Main and Riverside. T-shirts will also be available for purchase at the event, while quantities last.
For more details, call (815) 319-4100 or (815) 282-9663, or visit wcasrock.org.
From the Sept. 11-17, 2013, issue