- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Forest City Queen, trolley rides continue
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Forest City Queen riverboat and track Trolley Car 36 have extended their operational season, and will continue to offer public excursion rides, and Forest City Queen dinner rides Saturdays and Sundays through Sept. 29, weather and river conditions permitting. Trolley rides at Rockford City Market will continue through at least Oct. 11.
The Forest City Queen will offer 60-minute narrated excursion rides traveling farther north than the summer rides, giving passengers fascinating information about Rockford’s history, with an up-close glimpse of even more of the most stately homes along the Rock River.
Fall season public hourly rides are scheduled for Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 14-15, 21-22, and 28-29 at noon, 1:30 and 3 p.m. Hourly ride tickets can be purchased online or the day of the ride at the Trolley Station at the south end of Riverview Park, 324 N. Madison St., Rockford.
In addition to the hourly narration cruises, fall season Forest City Queen dinner cruises are scheduled as follows:
• Wednesday Pizza Cruise — Sept. 18 and 25, 6-8 p.m., departing from Nicholas Conservatory;
• Friday Night Fish Fry Cruise — Sept. 20, 6-8 p.m., departing from Riverview Park; and
• Saturday Sunset Dinner Cruise — Sept. 28, 6-8 p.m., departing from Riverview Park.
For dinner cruises only, reservations are required by calling (815) 987-1685 at least three days in advance; reservations may also be purchased online. The Forest City Queen is wheelchair accessible (maximum two wheelchairs per ride).
Fall season rides on rail-based Trolley Car 36, which travels along the Rock River Recreation Path from Riverview Park to the Symbol sculpture, with a brief stop at Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, are scheduled for Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 14-15, 21-22 and 28-29 at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. Tickets may also be purchased online for trolley rides. Trolley Car 36 is wheelchair accessible (maximum two wheelchairs per ride).
For complete information, including fees and purchasing tickets for excursion and City Market rides as well as dinner cruises, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/fcqtrolley, contact Park District Customer Service at (815) 987-8800, or the Trolley Station at (815) 987-8894; information about support and adapted listening equipment for passengers with disabilities is available from both locations.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013