- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
NO to Syria strike
I supported the invasion of Iraq. Remember Saddam gassing the Kurds? Then, after our tremendous investment in lives and money, freeing them from a sadistic dictator, they turned on us. I wish we had just left Saddam in power … the Iraqis deserved him.
I supported the invasion of Afghanistan. However, I see now that Afghanis do not value a democratic government and the freedoms we enjoy. Afghanis care about little beyond their tribal enclaves. Although I still think we had to go into that country to clean out the terrorists, our efforts at replacing the religious dictators with a representative government have failed. Within a year of our departure, the Taliban will be back in control.
Then-Sen. Barack Obama stated in 2007 that our president did not have the authority to order military action against another country in the absence of a threat to our country.
President Obama apparently has a memory problem, as Syria poses no threat to the United States. After all that we sacrificed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the little we gained, I say NO to military adventurism in Syria, or anywhere else in the Mideast, to include Egypt.
Let somebody else take this one.
From the Sept. 11-17, 2013, issue